Notification time ahead by 1 hour

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-30 08:24:38 - last edited 2023-09-05 10:09:12
Tags: #Time Settings
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

Good day. 

My notifications all come through ahead by 1 hour. Initially my camera's where not in the correct time zone. I corrected that to UTC +2 Africa/Cairo. Camera's now all show correct but all alert notification still come through as 1 hour ahead. The hubs time has also been correct. The same goes for all other smart button event logs - ahead by 1 hour.

Please advise on how I can fix this annoying problem.

I've checked that all firmware is on the latest version including the iOS app + Hub + Camera's

Thanks

Faizel

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Notification time ahead by 1 hour-Solution
2023-09-01 03:56:14 - last edited 2023-09-05 10:09:12

@Faizel 

Hi,
The time zone you select on your iPhone is Cape Town and this region does not implement Daylight saving time, while the time zone you select on the Tapo app for your Tapo devices is UTC+02:00 Africa/Cairo and this region implements Daylight saving time, and this may be the reason that the notification always shows one hour ahead.

Please select UTC+02:00 Africa/Harare as your Tapo devices' time zone and then check if the problem will be solved.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Notification time ahead by 1 hour
2023-08-30 10:43:53

@Faizel 

Hi,
Thank you for your case report. Please help confirm the following information about this issue.
1. What's your correct time zone? After you select the correct time zone on the Tapo app>>C420's Camera Settings page, please send me a picture of the camera's Live View page and the phone's time.

2. What's the version of your Tapo app?

3. Please send me the MAC address of the Tapo C420 via private message.

Best Regards

Options
2023-08-31 05:20:42

@Solla-topee 

1. What's your correct time zone? After you select the correct time zone on the Tapo app>>C420's Camera Settings page, please send me a picture of the camera's Live View page and the phone's time.

Live view - this is fine - phone and camera time match:

Time zone is UTC+02:00 Africa/Cairo. Im in South Africa, so chose this time zone.

Here is the problem. Notification time incorrect - 1 hour ahead

Also notice button events 1 hour ahead of phone time:

2. What's the version of your Tapo app?

3. Please send me the MAC address of the Tapo C420 via private message.

Will do

Options
2023-08-31 09:00:55

@Faizel 

Hi,
Thank you for the updates.

1. Do you have other Tapo Cameras connected to the Router's Wi-Fi directly, and do they have the same issue as the Tapo C420?

2. May I know the time zone configured on your phone?

Best Regards

Options
2023-08-31 10:47:20

@Solla-topee 

1. Do you have other Tapo Cameras connected to the Router's Wi-Fi directly, and do they have the same issue as the Tapo C420?

Yes Tapo c320ws have the same problem

2. May I know the time zone configured on your phone?

It's iphone so it shows like this - which is the city I am in so should be the same as UTC +02h00

I'm thinking this bug is created becauses initially the time zone I selected was different and everything was ahead 1 hour. I'm thinking that if I remove everything and then put it back this problem should be gone. Pain in the a$# to do cos I have alot of items, but I recon that will fix it. Let me know what you think

Options
Re:Notification time ahead by 1 hour-Solution
2023-09-01 03:56:14 - last edited 2023-09-05 10:09:12

@Faizel 

Hi,
The time zone you select on your iPhone is Cape Town and this region does not implement Daylight saving time, while the time zone you select on the Tapo app for your Tapo devices is UTC+02:00 Africa/Cairo and this region implements Daylight saving time, and this may be the reason that the notification always shows one hour ahead.

Please select UTC+02:00 Africa/Harare as your Tapo devices' time zone and then check if the problem will be solved.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-09-01 12:03:02

@Solla-topee

Resolved as instructed. Thank you so much. Glad I didn't have to redo anything 

Options
2023-09-05 10:13:52

@Faizel 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your updates, and glad to hear the problem is solved.smiley
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 445

Replies: 7

Tags

Time Settings
Related Articles