Xiaomi-Smartphone can not connect to C220

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-30 13:44:11 - last edited 2023-09-01 15:02:50

Hello,

unfortunately my Xiaomi smartphone (Mi 10T Lite, MIUI v14) cannot connect to the newly released C220 camera.

The Xiaomi finds the WLAN of the camera, it can also connect to the WLAN, but within the tapo app this connection is not recognized, see screenshot.

I have already tried everything possible (MIUI power saving disabled, camera reset, etc.).

Do you have any other ideas?

With my friend's Android phone, the connection works without problems.

Best regards
grm

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Xiaomi-Smartphone can not connect to C220-Solution
2023-09-01 07:30:26 - last edited 2023-09-01 15:02:50

@grm232 

Hi,
A solution to your problem is that you log in to the Tapo app with your TP-Link ID on your friend's phone, then try to set up the Tapo C220, and then the Tapo C220 will bind to your TP-Link ID once it's configured successfully.

How to set up the Tapo camera?
After that, you can log out from the Tapo app on your friend's phone, and log in to the Tapo app with your TP-Link ID on your phone to manage your Tapo cam.

(Note: If you worry that your friend can log into the Tapo app with your TP-Link ID on his phone, please change the password of the TP-Link ID, and you can also enable the 2FA feature on the Tapo app to protect your account.
What can I do if I forget my password of the cloud account?
Making Your Account More Secure: Introducing Two-Step Verification (2FA) for the Tapo App

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Xiaomi-Smartphone can not connect to C220
2023-08-30 18:32:49

By the way, I can run the camera in local mode (see screenshot), only as soon as I want to add the camera as a new device, it is not recognized, as I said.

Options
2023-08-31 07:47:57

@grm232 

Hi,
Thank you for the case report.

1. Please help check the IP address on your phone when it connects to the default SSID of the camera during the configuration process.
Do you have any VPN or Antivirus apps installed on your phone? If so, delete them for a try.

2. What's the model number and OS version of your friend's Android phone? Do you mean you can set up the camera successfully with that phone?

3. Are you connecting your phone to the default SSID of the camera, and the camera shows up on the Tapo app? Or do you need to do other steps to run the camera in local mode?

4. Please send me the MAC address of the camera via private message for further analysis.

Best Regards

Options
2023-08-31 13:29:10

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for the feedback.

Previously I had installed Blokada (VPN), but now uninstalled again. Unfortunately without success.

I will send you via private-message the screenshots of the IP addresses and Mac address of the camera.

Permanent use with the friend's phone is not possible. Therefore, I need to connect with my cell phone.

To get a connection in local mode I had to switch off "5g Carrier Aggregation" in the mobile network.

Best regards

grm

Options
Re:Xiaomi-Smartphone can not connect to C220-Solution
2023-09-01 07:30:26 - last edited 2023-09-01 15:02:50

@grm232 

Hi,
A solution to your problem is that you log in to the Tapo app with your TP-Link ID on your friend's phone, then try to set up the Tapo C220, and then the Tapo C220 will bind to your TP-Link ID once it's configured successfully.

How to set up the Tapo camera?
After that, you can log out from the Tapo app on your friend's phone, and log in to the Tapo app with your TP-Link ID on your phone to manage your Tapo cam.

(Note: If you worry that your friend can log into the Tapo app with your TP-Link ID on his phone, please change the password of the TP-Link ID, and you can also enable the 2FA feature on the Tapo app to protect your account.
What can I do if I forget my password of the cloud account?
Making Your Account More Secure: Introducing Two-Step Verification (2FA) for the Tapo App

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-09-01 08:07:50

@Solla-topee 

I have already done that, but I still can't connect to the Xiaomi phone and camera after that (except in local mode)

Options
2023-09-01 15:04:38

@Solla-topee 

Thank you, that worked after all.

But it can't be a real solution. What do I do if I can not use another phone and the camera must be reinstalled?

Options
2023-09-05 10:45:23

@grm232 

Hi,
Since you can configure your Tapo camera successfully by changing the phone, it means that the problem you encountered is related to your phone. The current information cannot locate the specific problem, and I can transfer your case to the tech team if you want to further troubleshoot.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 391

Replies: 7

Related Articles