Onemesh, Easymesh, Ethernet backhaul and RSSI. WE NEED HELP!!! TP-Link Please do something! Ax11000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Onemesh, Easymesh, Ethernet backhaul and RSSI. WE NEED HELP!!! TP-Link Please do something! Ax11000

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-06 20:54:16 - last edited 2023-09-06 21:35:30
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.3

TLDR: Bold and underlined.

Do you have an ETA for the release of the Easymesh firmware for the TP-Link Archer AX11000 V1? We just got firmware update 1.3.3 and I was disappointed that the Easymesh feature was not added yet as it is on the list of planned devices to receive the Easymesh feature update.

I am desperate for the ethernet backhaul link to generate a fully functioning mesh network with two RE700X satellites.

Even if you added ethernet backhaul to your proprietary Onemesh, it would be better than nothing!! It seems so counter intuitive to have a mesh network run on WiFi only when it could be made so much more stable by adding ethernet backhaul to what is already available.

I'm currently forced to use my RE700X's in access point mode with the same WiFi name and password but anyone who has done the same as me will know how frustrating it is when the client holds onto an access point further away and we don't have any control over this. 

If easymesh can't be done for the foreseeable future we need to have a minimum RSSI setting incorporated into all consumer access points and routers to be able to build a network that is far more reliable. That way atleast I can program your products to kick clients off when they drop below a signal threshold!

Ps: Do you have any beta firmware available with Easymesh incorporated for the Archer AX11000 V1? I'm pretty desperate

Thank you

TP-LINK. WE NEED ETHERNET BACKHAUL ON ONEMESH OR RSSI OR EASYMESH INCORPORATED INTO CONSUMER PRODUCTS NOW!!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Onemesh, Easymesh, Ethernet backhaul and RSSI. WE NEED HELP!!! TP-Link Please do something! Ax11000
2023-10-05 16:44:32

@ZakCT TLDR;  Firmware will come eventualy. Im happy with my AX11000 Longterm but druing Short term it drove me crazy.

Ya i bought AX11000 just before covid (felt so lucky that i upgraded the home network at the perfect time IMO) and I remember freaking out about when the onemesh firmware would be released because it didnt launch with it. I think it took about a year to get the firmware.

My plans are when easymesh release ill prob get new router and turn my old AX11000 into a mesh nodes. Not a helpful post but just a reasuring one that it will happen and we have no idea when it will but they will release a beta firmware to the community first...well thats what they did last time for oneMesh.

Also yes RSSI settings in advance would be great also but im guess thats gonna be super low on the priority list. Then again TP-link could change plans and never release it cuz we thats how the cookie cumbles.

Options