capablity to turn off wifi on one of my deco devices?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-12 00:02:12
Model: Deco M4   Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I noticed a thread back to 2019 and some one was asking the capability to turn off wifi on one of the deco devices. I also have such need to control the wifi on/off and even further to control 5G/2.4G on each individual deco device. In my case, my main deco has a 24-port switch connected, and rest of deco devices are all wired to the main deco through the switch. main deco does not need wifi to be turned on.

Wonder if TP link has any progress on this feature request?

thanky ou

Options
2 Reply
Re:capablity to turn off wifi on one of my deco devices?
2023-09-13 12:03:04

@wjiang 

Hi, I am afraid this feature still hasn't been planned.

The wireless signal on Deco is not only for mobile clients but also used to create a wireless Mesh Backhaul between Deco units so that satellite Deco can sync network data from the main unit. The wireless Mesh Backhaul based on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands provides a better connection speed than the Backhaul over a single Band.

It would be wonderful if we could flexibly adjust the wireless bands on individual Deco per needs but it is still not available until the engineers find a way to separate these two functions without hindering the network performance.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:capablity to turn off wifi on one of my deco devices?
2023-09-13 12:35:23

@David-TP 

appreciated for the quick reply.

for now, i created two networks and have the main deco on the 1st network. so I turned off the wifi on 1st network which is main deco only.

the rest of deco devices are on 2nd network. It looks a bit awkward.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 277

Replies: 2

Related Articles