Advanced Parental Control Offer for HomeShield Pro Users

2023-09-19 03:43:18 - last edited 2023-11-28 09:46:25
Model: Deco X50   Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Dear HomeShield Pro Subscribers,

We greatly appreciate your trust and confidence in the TP-Link HomeShield Pro Network security service. Your decision to invest in our services allows us to continue providing top-notch security solutions and exceptional customer service. We are committed to delivering superior service and continuously improving our offerings to meet your evolving needs. 

In the past few months, the Advanced Parental Control service has undergone significant improvements to provide a more powerful and efficient data processing experience. With the new version of the Advanced Parental Control subscription, you could block more than 2000 Apps from multiple Categories, like TikTok/ Minecraft/ Discord; and flexibly set up App time limits or always allow your favorite and frequently-used Apps.

Currently, Deco X50/X55_V1 is the one and only model that has applied the new features. Later more models will be added to the waiting list. Please stay tuned!

• Existing Advanced Parental Control subscribers can enjoy the new service right away by updating Deco X50/X55_V1 to the 1.3.1_build_20230824.
  • For new subscribers, we're offering a 30-day free trial for the first subscription. Take advantage of this opportunity to experience the full benefits of Advanced Parental Control service and ensure the utmost security for your families.

Note:

1. Please make sure your Deco APP is up-to-date. (The latest Deco APP is 3.5.43 for IOS and 3.5.27 for Android OS)

2. Please make sure your Deco X50/X55_V1 has been updated to 1.3.1 firmware.

Modifications

Blocked Apps

Select which Apps to prevent the profile from accessing. If selecting the whole category, all Apps will be blocked. You could leave us feedback if the targeted Apps are not included.

App Time Limits

Manually customize daily time limits for the selected APP categories.

Always Allowed Apps

If you plan to block all but one APP under certain categories, this feature would grant unlimited internet access for this specific application.

Most Used Apps

A detailed insight history of the most used Apps.

Related Article

How to configure Blocked Apps under Deco Parent Control?

TP-link HomeShield Service Update

Options
11 Reply
Re: Advanced Parental Control Offer for HomeShield Pro Users
2023-10-09 11:17:18

Hi,

I have a Deco_X60_V3, when will my version of deco be getting the new firmware so i can avail of the new Advanced Parental Control feature? i just recently upgraded to the Advanced Parental Control but as it currently stands the functionality isn't great and doesn't really give me much control to work with. @David-TP 

Thanks

Owen

Options
2023-10-11 07:38:24

@Ozzo76 

Hi, it is planned to add these features on other models as well but the ETA of a specific model is still unclear.

Please check the firmware release notes on the official firmware on a regular basis.

Best regards.

Options
2023-10-13 22:13:15

@David-TP

Without white list function, the parent control is useless. 

Kids using iPhone, iPad and Windows 11, can simply turn on MAC address randumization to spoof the MAC address(Private Wi-Fi Address). All they need to do is to re-join the WIFI with the same WIFI password. Then, they will bypass all settings/filters/restrictions. All Parent Controls become useless. 

I am just wondering why there is no whitelist function which is so common for many other routers and has been in industry for so many years?

Even without white list, can we have a default profile assigned to any new joined devices so that some basic controls can be applied? It doesn't need to be significant improvement from TP-LINK team. But it will significantly improve our experiences. 

Options
2023-10-19 02:09:10

@NJin 

Hi, nice to see you again.

The good news is, with the continuous effort from the community users, the Whitelist/WiFi Access Control is on the plan. Deco X50/X55_V1 already supports this feature on the latest 1.3.1 firmware. Later similar features will be added to more models.

Thank you again and best regards.

Options
2023-10-21 04:53:53

@David-TP 

Hi David, 
Thanks for responding to my feedback and look forward to have the feature available to my x20 soon.

I was thinking to recommend X20 to many other parents who have the same requirements and concerns for their kids. However, I cannot do that since this MAC address Randomization feature in Win 11 and iPhone/iPad. 

If new release/update can fix this loop hole of X20, it will be great to thousands of families who need to control the way their kids are surfing internet. It will be a big boost of HomeShield Pro user base for sure. 

Please keep us posted.

Thank you. 

Options
2023-10-28 04:36:26

And how much does the subscription cost.

Options
2023-10-29 09:02:27
I could not find the parental controls features in my deco mesh network! My deco network was built base on 3 x50 and 3 x60! What is happening?
Options
2023-10-30 02:51:54

@xtimex 

Hi, the subscription cost fluctuates based on the currency for payment.  You could check under your Deco APP>Settings on the top left>HomeShield.

@Tranvn Nice to see you again.

Please refer to the reply here:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/635790?replyId=1271556

Best regards.

Options
2023-10-30 04:36:56
interesting, I can't find , or can you make a couple of print screens
Options
2023-10-30 08:50:35

@xtimex 

Hi, the payment currency is according to the registration of the TP-link ID so I could only provide screenshots under the US dollars.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 2484

Replies: 11

Related Articles