We Need New Firmware For Archer C6 V.4 ASAP.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-25 08:00:19 - last edited 2023-10-04 09:13:33
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.12.1 Build 221212 Rel.65938n(5553)

Missing Features/Problem of Archer C6 V.4 Router.

1. Archer C6 V4 doesn't Have Performance Tab inside which CPU load and memory usage is shown.

2. When I connected my router to another router with WDS option, the internet was running on my mobile And My PC but internet was not showing on the router, when I tried to update its firmware, I clicked on check for update to show it. Make sure you are connected to the internet is showing.

3. There is a problem of internet, when I connect three mobiles of my house to the router, all three mobiles do not get the same speed, some mobiles get very fast speed, some mobiles get very low speed while all the devices I should have the same speed.

4. Router web interface When I open the router page in my mobile, when I zoom the router page, the router page is zoomed for the first time, but when I zoom it for the second time, the router page is not zoomed. There is a problem with desktop mode in mobile also.

5. What is the use of which option in archer c6 v4? It is also not visible whereas in Archer C7 there is a question mark option on the top right side which you can click on to see what the use of which option is or what turning it on will do.

6. And There Is No Option Of VPN Archer C6 V4.

7. The biggest problem is the web interface of this router. The web interface of this router is very useless as compared to Archer c6 version 3.20 and Archer C7.

I request you to solve this problem as soon as possible

and bring a new firmware update

Options
4 Reply
Re:We Need New Firmware For Archer C6 V.4 ASAP.
2023-09-26 03:17:22

@Mysterious_Life 

Hi, it seems that you are not using the latest firmware, please download and update the firmware to latest version:

Firmware Download for Archer C6 V4

Regarding other feature request that new firmware still doesn't support, we will record it and report to related department for evaluation.

By the way, for the internet speed on different client devices, the router cannot guarentee the same speed on all client devices as the speed is related to the client device specification or performance as well, your understanding would be highly appreciated.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-02 13:58:16

@Mysterious_Life 

Hi there,

Completely agree with all your missing features in regards to Archer C6 V4 & I also have the same problem on Archer C6 V4 where VPN is missing.

Have created a feature request on TP Link community (link below), so we can vote for VPN to be added to Archer C6 V4. 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/611204

Options
2023-10-03 20:07:13 - last edited 2023-10-04 09:13:33

@Sunshine 

I'm sorry but you should check that my router's firmware is already updated Archer C6 V.4 (US) 1.12.1 is latest Firmware.

But why is this wrong in all previous versions of Archer C6 V4 VPN feature is available then why not in the latest version since this is not even a midrange router its price is Rs 2599 which is the price point at which most of the routers have good features available.

And this router also does not have performance tab and memory usage tab whereas both these tabs are available in all the previous versions of this router.

When I connected my router to another router with WDS option, the internet was running on my mobile And My PC but internet was not showing on the router, when I tried to update its firmware, I clicked on check for update - to show it. Make sure you are connected to the internet is showing.

Options
2023-10-03 22:23:56

@Mysterious_Life 

Check this post regarding missing internet connectivity when using the WDS feature of C6.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options