Archer A6 v2 updated with easymesh support?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-11 16:37:34 - last edited 2023-10-12 07:03:08
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.9

I just checked tp link one/easy mesh webpage. Earlier it used to show 22 models of routers that either got mesh support or were planned to get. Today i saw 28 models instead of 22 models and none were planned, all of them got easymesh support apparently. 
Surprisingly i saw my beloved A6 v2 in that list of mesh supported router but i cannot find new firmware update enabling mesh support. 

i got c80 and two units of c6 v4 already on easy mesh snd if my best performing a6 v2 also gets mesh support it will be crazy good, my entire home will b covered in seamless wifi zone.

but i cannot find firmware, can @Kevin_Z please provide us with beta link or something of firmware for A6 v2? It's request.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer A6 v2 updated with easymesh support?
2023-10-11 18:20:37

@DrNerd 

Hi,

Could you please post the link to the page that lists the 28 models with EasyMesh support?

Options
2023-10-11 21:37:56 - last edited 2023-10-12 09:46:13

@DrNerd 

I doubt that Archer A6 v2 have received an Easymesh update. If your latest FW release is v1.1.9 you probably have US region version of A6 v2 - here.

Easymesh compatible devices for the US region are these - A6 v2 is nowhere to be seen.

There's another option that you can try to utilize all of your devices to build a mesh network though.

You can try the following - configure your A6 v2 as your main router and use the other devices (C80, C6 v4) as a satellites to build an Easymesh.

Check this post - if your main router supports Onemesh (A6 v2) you could try to connect your other Easymesh compatible devices as a satellites.

I would suggest to make a configuration backup of your C80 first and then try this suggestion, so you can restore its configuration if you fail to configure this scenario.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-10-12 07:02:25

@DrNerd 

As woozle and terziyski responded, only Archer A6 v4 currently supports EasyMesh.

We haven't received any notice yet from the product or development team that V2 will also support EasyMesh.

I'm also wondering where you see it's EasyMesh compatible. Can you post a direct link? We will check and confirm if it needs to be updated.cheeky

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 643

Replies: 3

Related Articles