Votes

Do not display check mark after launching shortcuts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-13 10:01:30

I made a video to explain the problem here (just the first half of the video).

In the top-right corner of shortcut buttons there is round gray button with three dots. This button normally opens the shortcut configuration page:

Immediately after the shortcut is launched, the round gray button's three dots change to a twirly thing to indicate the shortcut is being executed. While the twirly thing is still twirling, the gray round button does not respond, which is reasonable, because it doesn't make sense to edit a shortcut that is currently being executed:

So far so good. The problem arises when execution completes, at which point a ✔️ icon is displayed for two seconds on the round gray button:

The problem is that, while the ✔️is show, tapping on the gray round button re-launches the shortcut instead of opening the shortcut configuration. This forces users to wait an extra 2 seconds before they can access the configuration, which seems unnecessary.

My suggestions:

1. Do not disable the three-dot button when the ✔️ is shown. When the user taps on the ✔️, the shortcut configuration page should open.
  2. When the ✔️ is displayed, consider using a green background instead of gray to make it more obvious
  3. Reduce the time the ✔️ is displayed (just 1 second)
Options
1 Reply
Re:Do not display check mark after launching shortcuts
2023-10-31 11:04:18 - last edited 2023-10-31 11:04:59

@RandyAndy 

Hi,
Thank you very much for the detailed description and suggestions, I'll log them and forward them to the related team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 187

Replies: 1

Voters 1