Persistent DSL Errors and Internet Issues with Deco X20-DSL Replacement Unit

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-14 00:48:42 - last edited 2023-10-14 01:48:28
Model: Deco X20-DSL  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.12 Build 20230714 Rel. 55539

Title: Persistent DSL Errors and Internet Issues with Deco X20-DSL Replacement Unit

I have received a replacement Deco X20-DSL unit (my second one) and I am experiencing significant DSL download errors. The firmware version is 1.0.12 Build 20230714 Rel. 55539, and it has caused a complete loss of internet connectivity.

In less than 2 hours, I have accumulated over 100k errors, and this number is growing exponentially. You can see the image: https://i.imgur.com/cHtMYFO.jpg I attached for a visual representation of this issue. If this continues, the DSL errors could reach millions.

My Deco unit is under warranty, but this is the second time I have to replace it with the same problem. I have tried various troubleshooting steps, such as resetting all TP-Link devices, deleting and creating a new network, but nothing has worked. The Deco log shows many errors and failures, as shown in the file I attached: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17GQ4txdRffFOZNfpZk3u26MAskArcWBv/view?usp=sharing. I currently have no internet access at my home because of the Deco X20-DSL unit.

This issue affects all my Deco units, including 1x Deco X20-DSL, 3x Deco X60, and 2x Deco X20. I previously had a slowdown issue, which I posted about in this forum: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/621688. I replaced the Deco X20-DSL, but the issue persists.

Both my original unit and the current replacement unit have shown high DSL download errors, resulting in unstable internet and frequent disruptions. Streaming services like Netflix were barely usable, online gaming suffered from high ping and disconnections, and web pages took a long time to load, often requiring refreshes. These issues occurred on both Wi-Fi and Ethernet-connected devices.

I have contacted my ISP technicians, who have confirmed that the issue is with the Deco X20-DSL modem, as they did not find any faults in their service delivery or infrastructure. I even tested my ISP's modem-router, which is cheaper, and it worked without any errors.
My ISP checked the whole line of my network extensively and found no issues at all.

My internet service provider is Bezeq, Israel. I have subscribed to a download bandwidth of 100 Mbps and an upload bandwidth of 10 Mbps.

I have noticed a slow speed issue on the modem before the disconnection. It takes a long time to load webpages or Netflix videos, and sometimes I have to reload them multiple times until they work properly.

Right now, I have no internet connection with 1x Deco X20-DSL, 3x Deco X60, and 2x Deco X20 units.

File:
deco-log-2023.zipDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:Persistent DSL Errors and Internet Issues with Deco X20-DSL Replacement Unit
2023-10-17 02:40:50

@Private3 

Hi, Thank you very much for coming back here.

I see your case has been forwarded to the senior engineer already. I am sure he would help us locate the issue as soon as possible.

Please check the email for further suggestions.

Thank you again and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 323

Replies: 1

Related Articles