I have a slow internet network with 1x Deco X20-DSL, 3x Deco x60, and 2x Deco X20.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I have a slow internet network with 1x Deco X20-DSL, 3x Deco x60, and 2x Deco X20.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-06 14:35:44 - last edited 2023-09-06 14:43:30
Model: Deco X20-DSL  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.12 Build 20230714 Rel.55539

Slow internet network with 1x Deco X20-DSL V1 1.0.12 Build 20230714 Rel.55539, 3x Deco x60, and 2x Deco X20
Hello, I use TP-Link-Deco X20-DSL for VDSL2. I have no errors on the line quality (see the attached picture), but I experience a lot of disconnections and slowness on the internet.

The ISP came to change all the cables and connections in my house and my neighbour's (it took some days and a lot of work). However, the problem is with the Deco X20-DSL. It is very slow and has a lot of errors in the TP-Link log. When I switched to another modem router, everything worked fine. Only the Deco X20-DSL has this issue. It takes some time to load webpages, and then it loads them fast at once (not progressively). See the attached picture that shows that the line has no issues. I tried resetting all of my TP-Link devices, deleting the current network, and creating a new network, but the issue persists. The Deco log shows many errors and failures, as shown in the attached file.

Also, why does my Deco X20-DSL have fewer features than the regular Deco X20? I thought I was getting a more premium version. I just need the Deco X20-DSL to be a modem for my router. It is missing the IoT network, the reboot schedule, and many other features that the X series has.

the status picture:
https://i.imgur.com/b9FdAp7.png

the log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mo9lcR-78bEyonYbWqyEzcEIsZMk-2u2/view?usp=sharing

Options
4 Reply
Re:I have a slow internet network with 1x Deco X20-DSL, 3x Deco x60, and 2x Deco X20.
2023-09-13 11:13:13

Yo,

i have the same issue as @Private. My Set-up is Main - Deco X20-DSL (Firmware 1.0.12) -> Deco X50 (Firmaware 1.2.7.)
And LOG seems pretty same as @Private.

I hope we can find a solution because the internet is unusable right now.

Options
Re:I have a slow internet network with 1x Deco X20-DSL, 3x Deco x60, and 2x Deco X20.
2023-09-14 09:48:45

@Private3 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

The current firmware for Deco X20-DSL does not support the IoT network, reboot schedule, and other features that have been mentioned here. So when it worked as the main Deco, you would lose some features on the Deco APP. @Capis , it would be the same as when you had Deco X20-DSL with Deco X50_V1_1.2.7.

As for the speed and stability issue, I see the DSL sync status here:

So the DSL rate is about 11 m/s-upload;61 m/s-download, max at 23 m/s-upload,88 m/s-download. Frankly speaking, it is not very bad and may I know how much DSL bandwidth you have subscribed from the ISP? And how much speed you could get from the main Deco X20-DSL, not from any satellite Deco units?

Since there are 5 satellite units, are they all wirelessly connected to the main Deco?

Usually, the wireless connection is not a good choice to keep better speed within the Mesh network. It is suggested to refer to the FAQ-Why is my satellite Deco unit not getting the same speed as the main Deco?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-09-14 11:26:45

Hello@David-TP,

ty for your reply. I have 250Mbps from my ISP.

But the internet is unstable and crashing. Can't watch movies from Netflix platforms etc, it keeps loading, not to mention the movies are just a big lump.

Online gaming is not working, it keeps disconnecting me from the servers. And loading pages doesn't work, it takes time and I have to refresh. It happens on both wifi and eternal.
Should I get a log or something that might help crack what's wrong?

I have already spoken to the ISP technicians and they don't see any fault in the service delivery. They said they see that on the contrary the modem (Deco X20-DSL) is throwing errors.

Options
2023-10-14 00:57:49 - last edited 2023-10-14 01:47:03

Title: Persistent DSL Errors and Internet Issues with Deco X20-DSL Replacement Unit

I have received a replacement Deco X20-DSL unit (my second one) and I am experiencing significant DSL download errors. The firmware version is 1.0.12 Build 20230714 Rel. 55539, and it has caused a complete loss of internet connectivity.

In less than 2 hours, I have accumulated over 100k errors, and this number is growing exponentially. You can see the image: https://i.imgur.com/cHtMYFO.jpg I attached for a visual representation of this issue. If this continues, the DSL errors could reach millions.

My Deco unit is under warranty, but this is the second time I have to replace it with the same problem. I have tried various troubleshooting steps, such as resetting all TP-Link devices, deleting and creating a new network, but nothing has worked. The Deco log shows many errors and failures, as shown in the file I attached: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17GQ4txdRffFOZNfpZk3u26MAskArcWBv/view?usp=sharing. I currently have no internet access at my home because of the Deco X20-DSL unit.

This issue affects all my Deco units, including 1x Deco X20-DSL, 3x Deco X60, and 2x Deco X20. I previously had a slowdown issue, which I posted about in this forum: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/621688. I replaced the Deco X20-DSL, but the issue persists.

Both my original unit and the current replacement unit have shown high DSL download errors, resulting in unstable internet and frequent disruptions. Streaming services like Netflix were barely usable, online gaming suffered from high ping and disconnections, and web pages took a long time to load, often requiring refreshes. These issues occurred on both Wi-Fi and Ethernet-connected devices.

I have contacted my ISP technicians, who have confirmed that the issue is with the Deco X20-DSL modem, as they did not find any faults in their service delivery or infrastructure. I even tested my ISP's modem-router, which is cheaper, and it worked without any errors.
My ISP checked the whole line of my network extensively and found no issues at all.

My internet service provider is Bezeq​​​​​​​. I have subscribed to a download bandwidth of 100 Mbps and an upload bandwidth of 10 Mbps.

I have noticed a slow speed issue on the modem before the disconnection. It takes a long time to load webpages or Netflix videos, and sometimes I have to reload them multiple times until they work properly.

Right now, I have no internet connection with 1x Deco X20-DSL, 3x Deco X60, and 2x Deco X20 units.

File:
deco-log-2023.zipDownload
Options