M9 Deco unstable, Slave keep getting disconnected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M9 Deco unstable, Slave keep getting disconnected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
21 Reply
Re:M9 Deco unstable, Slave keep getting disconnected
2023-10-16 20:19:20

@Alexandre.

Options
2023-10-16 20:38:52

@Ray072 

This is bad. Have they recovered? If/when they did, is  "Schuur" still connects "Woonkamer" or reconnected to Main Deco again?

When Satellite Deco disconnected, did they reboot? The thing is, if they didn't reboot it may point at issues with Ethernet cables and/or switch, if they did reboot it may be an issue with electric wiring with, perhaps, contribution to it from powerline adapters.

I would really like to remove powerline adapters from your home network, to simplify the environment.

So, after your Deco mesh recovered and everything is online:

Unplug powerline adapters connected to "Slaapkamer", "Kantoor" and "Logeerkamer". Using "Connection Preference" feature, configure "Kantoor" to connect to "Slaapkamer". Configure "Logeerkamer" to connect to "Slaapkamer". Check in Deco app that change was successful (in Show Map). Then, run speed tests for "Kantoor" and for "Logeerkamer".

----

Also, do you have powerline adapters other than for  "Slaapkamer", "Kantoor" and "Logeerkamer"?

Options
2023-10-16 20:45:46

@Alexandre. 

everything recoverd exept kantoor took a whole while. But at this moment it also came back up.

i dont know if they really reboot. The red light wil come on and then after a couple of minutes they will come back online.

i havent seen any other colour led's when this happens.

schuur is still connected to woonkamer when that came back on. I will remove the powerlines and give the deco's the time to settle and see what it will be tommorow

Options
2023-11-02 14:50:09 - last edited 2023-11-02 14:50:36

@Alexandre. 

We are now a few days later and everything seems to be in order now that i have removed the Powerline Adapters from the system.

There are now only still a few spots in the house where the signal is poor. deco to deco wise. Can i fix this with a wifi extender or something? so the deco's can give each other the beste signal? or do i need to buy more M9's?

Options
2023-11-02 15:39:43

Ray072 wrote

@Alexandre. 

There are now only still a few spots in the house where the signal is poor. deco to deco wise. 

@Ray072 

Do you mean you have Deco node(s) with Weak WiFi backhaul signal reported in Deco info page, or do you mean there are spots in the house where WiFi coverage is poor?

Options
2023-11-02 15:50:06
I have 2 Deco's on 2 of 3 bars signal and 1 Deco on 1 of 3 bars
Options
2023-11-02 16:02:16

Ray072 wrote

I have 2 Deco's on 2 of 3 bars signal and 1 Deco on 1 of 3 bars

@Ray072 

Please share your current Show List and Show Map from Deco app. After you removed powerline adapters the next step is to review how Deco nodes now connect to each other and, if necessary, use Connection Preference feature to connect them better. Let's do that step.

Please also confirm that this is still correct: "I have 6 Units. Main Floor: Gang (main), Woonkamer (slave) and Schuur (slave). First Floor: Slaapkamer (Slave). Second Floor: Kantoor (Slave) and Loggerkamer (Slave) ... I have 2 Deco units with a direct ethernet backhaul. The units "Woonkamer" and "Slaapkamer"."

Options
2023-11-02 16:07:55

@Alexandre. 

it is still the same

Options
2023-11-02 16:18:59

@Ray072 

You shared Show List screenshot. This is what I needed, but please also give me Show Map screenshot. It appears "Schuur" decide to connect to Main Deco again, which is wrong, but I can't tell that from Show List.

It should be connected to "Woonkamer." Reboot "Schuur" and see if it now connects to "Woonkamer." 

With Show List and Show Map screenshots I can also tell you if any other configuration changes are necessary.

Options
2023-11-02 16:23:04

@Alexandre. 

Options