Issue on switching on deco automatically

2023-11-05 05:47:06
Model: Deco M9 Plus   Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.6.1

Dear TP-Link Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with a persistent issue I have been facing with my Deco system.

Previously, when connected via without LAN, I experienced no connectivity issues. However, the speed was slower. After switching to a LAN deco connection, the speed has improved, but I now face significant call drops and poor call quality when changing positions within my premises.

Settings are access point in app

Additionally, I am encountering difficulty in connecting my camera to the closest Deco unit. It seems to prefer connecting to a further unit, even though the closer one should provide a stronger signal.

Is it possible to to forces one particular device to one deco so issue does not come. 

I've been dealing with this issue for quite some time now, and I'm reaching out to the community for guidance on how to resolve it. Any advice or troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated.

I have 5 deco in less the 1300 square feet flat. 

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Issue on switching on deco automatically
2023-11-09 02:47:07

@Anshul_easy 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Are all the 5 Deco unIts Deco M9 Plus?

If yes, with firmware 1.6.2, you should be able to customize the connection preference for mobile clients:

How to select a preferred signal source on the Deco App

As for the issue mentioned here " when connected via without LAN, I experienced no connectivity issues. However, the speed was slower. After switching to a LAN deco connection, the speed has improved, but I now face significant call drops and poor call quality when changing positions within my premises."

Are you trying to say that if Deco units are wirelessly linked together, the connection is stable but slower. But if Deco units are wired via Ethernet cables, the speed is improved but mobile devices start dropping the connection?

Can I have some screenshots of the network map and Mesh Backhaul type, such as

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 211

Replies: 1

Related Articles