When will the option "preferred signal selection" be available for the Deco X20?

When will the option "preferred signal selection" be available for the Deco X20?

2023-11-06 17:35:14
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Buld 20210121 Rel. 54794

I bought this model instead of the M5 thinking it would be superior, after all it isn't...

I have devices that are connecting to upper level decos insted of the ones next to them... Is it so hard to add this feature?

Options
3 Reply
Re:When will the option "preferred signal selection" be available for the Deco X20?
2023-11-07 06:56:28

@DiogoPereira 

Hi, May I know when you purchased Deco X20_V1? Deco x20_V1 is quite an old version and has been out of stock in many regions.

There hasn't been an ETA of the firmware of Deco X20_V1 that supports connection preference.

In the Mesh system, both the Mesh AP and mobile devices will determine the final connected Deco. In other words, if Deco suggests the mobile device roaming to the nearby Deco, but the device refused and ignored the request, it would stick to the main unit.

Why my clients don't roam/connect to the nearest Deco node?

There are some suggestions for your reference:

1. turn off "Mesh technology" on the mobile clients.

2. turn off/on the Wi-Fi settings on these devices.

3. connect to Deco Wi-Fi again.

Thank you very much ane best regards.

Options
Re:When will the option "preferred signal selection" be available for the Deco X20?
2023-11-08 19:28:23

@David-TP Thank you for your reply.

I bought the X20 v1 in 2021, in Portugal.

I've tried all the thing you said and on the link and still it's nearly impossible to have some of my devices connect to the DECO right next to them. 

I'm really disappointed with this system and do no recommend it to anyone. 

Thinking about selling it and migrating to another brand, that at least keeps upgrading the firmware of old models. 

Options
2023-11-08 21:03:00

@DiogoPereira 

There is one other thing you could try: disable 2.4GHz band on Deco Main Network. 

That will leave just WiFi5 and WiFi6 on 5GHz band, which is faster but reaches shorter distance. Which will convince many devices to connect to the nearest Deco. But when trying this you should also turn on "Mesh technology" on the mobile clients and keep Fast Roaming on, too.

Options