Votes

Critical feature missing: Tapo Hub H100 notification push

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Smart actions should be added as a trigger for notifications. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Smart actions should be added as a trigger for notifications. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-11 15:52:21 - last edited 2024-01-15 07:27:46
Model: Tapo H100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.9 Build 230522 Rel. 103415

Hello,

I am astonished that you cannot have a notification pushed to your smartphone when the hub rings.

For instance, all alarms are completely useless as you are not even notified when they are triggered (you cannot either push a notification as a smart action, that would be smart, perhaps even basic).

Let me give you two examples : 

- I have door sensors and movement sensors linked together in a smart action "alarm". When it is triggered, the hub rings but (obviously) I am not home so I don't know about it...

- I have water leakage sensors but if there is a leak one day when I am not home, I won't know about it...

This renders the whole system pretty useless. 

Of course, I know you will tell me that I can enable direct notifications from door et movement sensors but it is hardly practical as I would have to all turn them on one by one when I leave and do the opposite when I come home...

A notification push when the hub rings is really a must have basic feature!

I hope you will realise it and release it quickly as it does not seem like a difficult update.

Best regards,

WL

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Critical feature missing: Tapo Hub H100 notification push-Solution
2023-11-13 09:54:28 - last edited 2023-11-15 10:09:25

@wml3 @tp-turbo 

Notification will be supported as an Action in the upcoming Smart Action 2.0 update.

You're able to get early access to this feature by submitting a request through the below link!

Smart Action 2.0: Unlock Next-Level Smart Home Automation

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Critical feature missing: Tapo Hub H100 notification push
2023-11-12 07:59:53

@wml3  Yes! We NEED this!

And it shouldn't be that hard, seeing as you can already "arm" and "disarm" cameras. Seems that they forgot about the sensors.

Options
Re:Critical feature missing: Tapo Hub H100 notification push-Solution
2023-11-13 09:54:28 - last edited 2023-11-15 10:09:25

@wml3 @tp-turbo 

Notification will be supported as an Action in the upcoming Smart Action 2.0 update.

You're able to get early access to this feature by submitting a request through the below link!

Smart Action 2.0: Unlock Next-Level Smart Home Automation

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 373

Replies: 2