Votes

Extend (easy mesh) via ethernet

2023-11-27 09:36:06 - last edited 2023-12-29 03:30:57
Model: RE700X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.4

I've an archer C80 as main router on my living room, I've connected two ethernets to it that go to 2 other bedrooms, and I've bought a RE700X to try to use as Acess Point and extend the easy mesh network.

I've tried a lot of things and looks impossible, is not compatible to extend a wifi network using an AP via ethernet? only via wireless repeater? looks weird.
And for IOT networks, are them possible to be extended?

In summary I just want to have 2 networks on my whole home "WIFI-MAIN" and "WIFI-IOT" both are created on my C80 but I'm not able to extend them via ethernet to RE700X, do I've to buy another extender? I prefer extenders than router because them are slim.

Thanls

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Extend (easy mesh) via ethernet-Solution
2023-12-29 03:30:22 - last edited 2023-12-29 03:30:57

enfegu wrote

@Sunshine   @benisfroms Hello I’m investigating more and more and still don’t understand or find a solution. Is it going to be possible buying anything from tplink to extend using Ethernet the IOT network? Buying another C80? Looks like with Ethernet backhaul I can only extend the main network but not guest or IOT and it’s weird :( Is it impossible to have all my IOT devices connected to the same network? Thanks and happy holidays

@enfegu 

Hi, at this moment, only the EasyMesh main router has the guest network and iOT network, satellite router doesn't support it, thus buying another C80 doesn't extend the iOT network either. Your iOT devices could either connect to iOT network of the main router or regular WiFi network of both main router and satellite router.

In addition, we have already reported to development team to sync guest network and iOT network of main router to satellite router in the future, once there is any update, we will also inform users on the community.

Recommended Solution
Options
13 Reply
Re:Extend (easy mesh) via ethernet
2023-11-28 07:15:44

@enfegu 

Hi, the iOT network cannot be extended along with the main network, however, the RE700X should be working fine in AP mode.

Please connect a computer to the wall Ethernet ports in the other two bedrooms to make sure internet works fine, then follow this guide to configure the RE700X to AP mode:

How to setup Access Point Mode of Range Extender

Options
2023-11-28 07:32:44

@Sunshine thanks for your reply the problem is that looks not compatible with Ethernetbackhaul and then I don't have the same ssid how can I solve this? Only with another archer c80 or with a deco?

Options
2023-11-28 11:38:11

@enfegu 

Hi, you could use RE700X as AP mode, which could connect the main C80 router via Ethernet cable, but no mesh network.

If you would like to build a mesh network via Ethernet connection, you could purchase another C80 router to use it as satellite router.

Options
2023-11-28 11:40:21
Thanks for the info, on this scenario the iot network will be extend with same ssid or this is always impossible? On the other hand, can I use another thing different than a router? example a deco? or is there any router with a better style in terms of design? the ac80 is my main and its ok to be a normal router but for the other rooms I think is better to have something less "router" if possible
Options
2023-11-30 09:27:05

enfegu wrote

Thanks for the info, on this scenario the iot network will be extend with same ssid or this is always impossible? On the other hand, can I use another thing different than a router? example a deco? or is there any router with a better style in terms of design? the ac80 is my main and its ok to be a normal router but for the other rooms I think is better to have something less "router" if possible

@enfegu 

Hi,

1. when using RE700X as AP mode, the ioT network will not be extended either.

2. your existing router C80 supports EasyMesh and OneMesh, which is not compatible with Deco Mesh, thus if you add a Deco network, the Deco wil have its own network even though you set the same SSID and Password manually.

3. when you add a second C80 to the existing C80 main router and build an EasyMesh network, the second C80 will act as satellite unit of the existing router, it doesn't mean you have two routers(NATs) in the same network. 

Options
2023-12-04 23:40:15

@Sunshine got it thanks. Then any recommendation to be able to extend via Ethernet my regular wireless network and the IOT network? I don't want to have 2 wireless networks and 2 IOT networks

Options
2023-12-07 11:49:05

It should be possible to extend your WiFi network using the RE700X as an access point via Ethernet. This is generally a more stable and faster solution compared to using it as a wireless repeater. Ensure that you have connected the RE700X to your Archer C80 via Ethernet and configured it as an access point. Connect the RE700X to your main router using an Ethernet cable. Access the RE700X settings through a web browser (typically by entering its IP address in the address bar). Set up the RE700X as an access point and configure the wireless settings to match your existing WiFi network. Disable DHCP on the RE700X, as your Archer C80 should handle DHCP for your network.

Options
2023-12-07 12:05:15

@benisfroms what do you mean with "match" to name the new network with the same name than the other? I have experienced problems in the past doing that, I've expected to tplink have a way to have one same wifi name in the whole house without doing it manually by me, example ethernet backhaul or similar

Options
2023-12-28 09:01:43

@Sunshine   @benisfroms Hello I’m investigating more and more and still don’t understand or find a solution. Is it going to be possible buying anything from tplink to extend using Ethernet the IOT network? Buying another C80? Looks like with Ethernet backhaul I can only extend the main network but not guest or IOT and it’s weird :( Is it impossible to have all my IOT devices connected to the same network? Thanks and happy holidays

Options
Re:Extend (easy mesh) via ethernet-Solution
2023-12-29 03:30:22 - last edited 2023-12-29 03:30:57

enfegu wrote

@enfegu 

Hi, at this moment, only the EasyMesh main router has the guest network and iOT network, satellite router doesn't support it, thus buying another C80 doesn't extend the iOT network either. Your iOT devices could either connect to iOT network of the main router or regular WiFi network of both main router and satellite router.

In addition, we have already reported to development team to sync guest network and iOT network of main router to satellite router in the future, once there is any update, we will also inform users on the community.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1029

Replies: 13

Voters 1