AV600 Powerline disconnects intermittently

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-27 11:05:00
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.12 Build 230309 Rel.64136n (6985/8575)

I've purchased a TL-WPA4220 KIT and it's working perfectly from downstairs near the router to upstairs with decent speeds from a basic broadband connection.

Just one annoyance, I use a works VPN connection to access my employee's network and every now and again it drops the connection for a second or two before reconnecting. This is enough to disconnect me from my server access and pauses live Teams video calls.

Is anyone getting this network glitch? I've been putting up with it for a few weeks but now it's becoming annoying especially on video calls.

Options
4 Reply
Re:AV600 Powerline disconnects intermittently
2023-11-28 09:35:26

@Gazbrad 

Hi, you are usually connected to the powerline extender via Ethernet cable or WiFi?

If Ethernet connection has the same issue, you could also connect the same computer to your router directly for comparison, if the issue happens on the router as well, you will need to check the router first.

If the issue happens only with the powerline extender, please try moving the powerline extender closer to the adapter to see if it would be more stable, usually they might be affected by powerline interference, you could also follow this guide to improve the powerline environment:

What can I do if my powerline rate is very low?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-11-30 07:47:32

@Sunshine 

I connect via Ethernet cable into the PowerLine.

Previously I had a very long Ethernet wire trailing through the house directly to the router and it never happened. I can't move the extender any closer to the router this would defeat the convenience of having a Powerline adapter. 

Options
2023-12-05 18:23:29

Gazbrad wrote

@Sunshine 

I connect via Ethernet cable into the PowerLine.

Previously I had a very long Ethernet wire trailing through the house directly to the router and it never happened. I can't move the extender any closer to the router this would defeat the convenience of having a Powerline adapter. 

I have the same issue. Ethernet cable between my Win10 PC and the AV600. In the same room (5 mtrs away) in another AV600 with an ethernet cable to the router. The internet drops for a second every few minutes. (There's another AV600 in another room which has an ethernet cable connected to a smart TV - and this runs perfectly. Proving the AV600 connected to the router is OK.) If I run a long ethernet cable between my PC and the router it works perfectly. Is it simply a duff AV600?

Options
2023-12-08 07:22:51

@Gazbrad Seems to me that this could be as simple as a firmware update revising the data packets so it doesn't drop. I hope there's an answer for this from the company. Starting to get fed up with my Teams video freezing all the time.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 482

Replies: 4

Related Articles