Add tapo camera from other netwotk to agent dvr

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-11 20:03:09 - last edited 2023-12-22 02:34:04
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi. i Would like to add to agent dvr my other camera that I have in my other house, but I dornt know how to do it, I did it woth my camera here in this house by ONVIF simply, but that one I can not, I put it the ip, but it doesnt work.

I would be so gratefull if you could help me ty.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Add tapo camera from other netwotk to agent dvr-Solution
2023-12-12 11:31:08 - last edited 2023-12-22 02:34:04

@davidc7 

Hi,
Here are the instructions to add a Tapo camera to a DVR that supports the standard ONVIF protocol.
How can I connect my Tapo camera to a NAS or NVR?

The process of adding a camera in the other network to the DVR via ONVIF protocol may be a little complicated, you need to open port 2020 on the router that the camera connects to for the camera and ensure the router's internet IP address is a public IP. If the internet IP address is not a public IP, you may need to open the port 2020 on the front router/modem for the first router.
When adding the camera to the DVR, the IP address is the public IP address on the router/modem rather than the camera's IP.

Take the TP-Link router as an example, you can refer to the instructions below to open a port on the router.
Port forwarding: how to set up virtual server on TP-Link wireless router?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Add tapo camera from other netwotk to agent dvr-Solution
2023-12-12 11:31:08 - last edited 2023-12-22 02:34:04

@davidc7 

Hi,
Here are the instructions to add a Tapo camera to a DVR that supports the standard ONVIF protocol.
How can I connect my Tapo camera to a NAS or NVR?

The process of adding a camera in the other network to the DVR via ONVIF protocol may be a little complicated, you need to open port 2020 on the router that the camera connects to for the camera and ensure the router's internet IP address is a public IP. If the internet IP address is not a public IP, you may need to open the port 2020 on the front router/modem for the first router.
When adding the camera to the DVR, the IP address is the public IP address on the router/modem rather than the camera's IP.

Take the TP-Link router as an example, you can refer to the instructions below to open a port on the router.
Port forwarding: how to set up virtual server on TP-Link wireless router?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Add tapo camera from other netwotk to agent dvr
2023-12-12 19:52:32
there in no way easier to do it on ispy or agentdvr ?
Options
Re:Add tapo camera from other netwotk to agent dvr
2023-12-13 08:07:55

@davidc7 

Hi,
If the network topology does not change, there are no other suggestions on your usage scenario to add cameras in other networks to the iSpy/agentdvr.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 999

Replies: 3

Related Articles