TP-Link UB500 recognizes my controller but does not connect

2023-12-16 10:47:51
Model: UB500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.1015.3020

Hi,

I got UB500 for my PC in order to connect and play games with my XBOX One S wireless controller. When I open up the bluetooth settings it sees my contoller however it does not establish a connection. My PC keeps saying that we can not get an answer from the controller. 

I tried to connect to my sisters laptop with my contoller in order to see if my controller is working correctly, and it connected to my sisters laptop. 

Both my sister and I are using windows 11 and when ı first got the UB500, I installed the latest driver from your download center.

I tried to update windows, tried to install latest driver, connecting my controller via USB and it did not resolve the matter. 

What can I do to resolve this issue, can you please help me?

I coulnt find an hardware version but i think it is either V1 or V2.

Options
7 Reply
Re:TP-Link UB500 recognizes my controller but does not connect
2023-12-18 09:23:01

@FellowGamer 

Have you tried to plug UB500 into another USB slot on Windows 11?

If possible, please also try to test whether UB500 could pair with another Bluetooth device, like your smartphone.

Best regards.

Options
2023-12-18 14:39:02

@David-TP 

Hi and thanks for your feedback.

Yes, I tried with different USB port and it did not work.

I tried to connect both my iphone and airpods, unfortunately I got the same results. In both cases my pc said that "We could not get any response from the device, please try again".

I dont know this information will help you but when I clicked to the connect button in my PC setting for my airpods, my airpods immediatly stopped its pairing mode and again I got the same answer from my PC as I said above.

Options
2023-12-19 15:44:42

@David-TP 

Hi again,

I have an new information for you (I hope it will be usefull).

When I plug the TP-Link UB500, in the device manager, I can see the adapter in the Bluetooth section.

However I can not see the adapter in the network adapters section. When I plug the adapter only thing that pops up is "Bluetooth Device(Personal Area Network)". 

Is this normal?

Options
2023-12-19 19:01:55

@FellowGamer 

Open the "Properties" of the "Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) ..." and it should show that it is linked to the TP-Link Bluetooth adapter.

By the way, did your computer previously have any other Bluetooth adapter installed or is the UB500 the first one?

Options
2023-12-19 19:41:46

@woozle 

Hi, thank you for your feedback.

Yes, its says that "on TP-Link Bluetooht 5.0 USB Adapter".

Your second answer is also a yes, however as it said in the instructions on UB500, I deleted the previous device.  Now I have only 4 Bluetooth devices in my device manager. I am listing those below;

TP-Link Bluetooth 5.0 USB Adapter.

Microsoft Bluetooth LE Numarator.

Microsoft Bluetooth Numarator.

Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)

Options
2023-12-20 11:01:32 - last edited 2023-12-20 11:02:03

@FellowGamer 

When you click "View" -> "Show hidden devices" in the Device Manager, are there any additional, light-colored items showing up under "Bluetooth"? If yes, then remove these as well and check whether this makes any difference.

In case nothing helps, then see if you can test your UB500 on another computer, just to make sure the UB500 itself is okay.

Options
2024-01-10 06:39:56

@woozle hello, I have the same problem. my pc is new and I have tried everything. I have also tried to shut down wi-fi but did  not work. please help:)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1019

Replies: 7

Related Articles