Main Deco XE75 Pro Ethernet Ports Stop Working Without Internet

2023-12-25 08:21:36 - last edited 2023-12-25 08:22:38
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.7 Build 20231011 Rel. 71327

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place or not but I wanted to report a potential bug with the XE75 Pro.

If the internet goes off as either my ISP is having an outage or the modem isn't working for any reason, the Deco unit seems to stop detecting any of the devices plugged into the other Ethernet ports.

For example, I have a Home Server which runs things like Plex, it is plugged into the main Deco unit via an Ethernet Cable and works fine, however, when my ISP had an outage and we lost internet, I was surprised to find my local Plex server which can run locally wasn't working either. When I investigated, I found the main Deco unit was no longer detecting any of the devices plugged directly into the unit via Ethernet.

The only workaround I found was plugging the device into a secondary Deco Unit or a network switch which then caused one of the secondary Deco units to detect it and expose to the Wi-Fi network.

I was incredibly disappointed as I had only a week ago "upgraded" from my OneMesh system controlled by my AX11000 Next-Gen Tri-Band Gaming Router which had worked reliably for a long time.

I really hope this gets fixed because one of the services on my Home Server is Home Assistant and when the Deco Unti stopped detecting it, I could no longer control my locally controlled lights and switches as the Home Assistant instance was no longer connected to the local Wi-Fi network until I did one of the aforementioned workarounds.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Main Deco XE75 Pro Ethernet Ports Stop Working Without Internet
2023-12-27 07:36:42

@CyberspaceKitte 

Hi, welcome to the community.

It is not a bug for Deco. Since Deco does not have a fixed WAN port, it is actually how WAN/LAN Auto-sensing works.

For more details, it is suggested to refer to this link WAN/LAN auto-sensing

Currently, if possible, you could contact the Home Assistant server to the satellite Deco XE75 Pro via an Ethernet cable.

And with the latest firmware of Deco XE75 Pro, if the physical Ethernet connection between modem and main Deco remain unchanged, even there is no internet service from the modem, the WAN port stays the same.

Moreover, there is also a plan to support fixing a specific Ethernet port as WAN post on the Deco APP later.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 219

Replies: 1

Related Articles