Optimize The Overall App Experience on Deco XE5300/XE75/XE75 Pro

Optimize The Overall App Experience on Deco XE5300/XE75/XE75 Pro

30 Reply
Re:Optimize The Overall App Experience on Deco XE5300/XE75/XE75 Pro
2024-01-04 20:30:46

@David-TP 

Hi David!

Please can you ask whomever is responsible for the firmware on the Deco if they can incorperate a minimum RSSI setting into the DECO before they force clients from each node to the closest node.

I am still having severe issues when roaming which I didn't have before.

I will try the beta android app and report back.

Kind regards,

Zak Taylor

TP-LINK. WE NEED ETHERNET BACKHAUL ON ONEMESH OR RSSI OR EASYMESH INCORPORATED INTO CONSUMER PRODUCTS NOW!!
Options
2024-01-05 06:04:24

@ZakCT 

Hi, I think there is a minimum RSSI setting/threshold on the Deco. 

Generally, the mobile clients will connect to the nearest Deco node. However, there are still some clients sticking on a Deco node further away, which may be decided by the roaming mechanism of the client device itself. Deco couldn't force mobile clients to connect to certain units. 

It is suggested to refer to Why my clients don't roam/connect to the nearest Deco node?

The roaming threshold is set for different kinds of mobile clients. I don't think it would work for all wireless devices.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-01-06 16:47:32 - last edited 2024-01-06 16:48:41

@David-TP I have a brand new XE75ProV2.0 setup with 2 nodes and this firmware 1.2.8 beta is what is making me not return them to the store ;-) I previously had Deco M5s which were rock solid for years; when I unboxed the XE75Pros this week, I updated to 1.2.7 and experienced all of the issues 1.2.8 fixes (dropped nodes, issues with client list, as well as speed issues on my network).

When I first ran the firmware update through the web UI only 1 (main) node updated, and the satellite remained on 1.2.7. I had to reset it, create a separate network temporarity, update to 1.2.8, and then reset again to rejoing my main network. It's all working well now EXECEPT I still get the 'issue with the client list, reboot' message --> I'm on iOS and so I hope the app update you mentioned is coming will fix this.

Options
2024-01-07 09:51:22

@David-TP 

Thank you for your reply. I tried again using a LAN cable, and this time, it worked. All my Decos got updated.

Options
2024-01-11 12:16:17

@David-TP 

Hi David, 

Thanks for this Beta update, I'm a very new XE75 user having migrated last week for a Netgear Orbi. I'm currently running 3 x XE75 and 3 x XE75 Pros. When i initially setup the network I had a lot of issues with device connections. I disabled Beam-forming as well as pinning static devices to their local AP and things improved a lot on the wireless side of things.

I have a XE75 Pro v2 as my main unit but I it was dropping internet connection or at least intermittent internet access, from the wired network, access from wifi seems to remain working in general or at least it's able to cope with whatever is failing from the wired network. I've tried different ethernet ports on the Main Deco but that doesn't seem to have helped at all.

I upgraded to this beta last night and so far wifi, with Beam forming enabled seems pretty stable. However, I'm still seeing really inconsistent access from the wired side of the network. For info, the wired network runs off an 8 port switch which is directly connected to the Main Deco, again I've tried using different network ports on the Deco for this uplink.

Also, any idea if there will be a similar beta update for the v1 XE75 units? 

Finally, you mentioned a beta version of the Android App, is the available to download anywhere?

Cheers

Spence

Options
2024-01-14 09:04:03

@SpenceW 

Following up from my previous post and a fair bit of searching around form info. I can say that my issues appear to have been with my v1 Deco XE75 units rather than the Pro units. I downgraded the firmware on my 3 XE75 V1s to 1.2.2 and all of my issues have disappeared for around 24 hours. This is despite my main unit being an xe75 pro with running this beta firmware. I really don't quite understand how the firmware on unit in the mesh with wireless backhaul to the main unit could interrupt wired connectivity but the changes are clear to see.

Just thought I'd post incase anyone else is running a mixed environment with xe75 v1 and xe75 pro V2.

Options
2024-01-15 09:08:26

@David-TP I do not know if it is the latest version of the app (updated yesterday) or this firmware in combination with the app but I cannot see the upload and download data, and pressing Update Deco in the app gives the message Unable to Check for Update.

Options
2024-01-15 14:57:46

Whatever it was, everything is back to normal.

Options
2024-01-15 20:32:14

@David-TP Not sure if it's my illusion or something, but this version seems to bump up my wifi speed a bit. 1.2.7 seems to slowing things down. X75 pro V2 here.

I just boutht a new set of units, I think the default firmware was 1.2.1 or 1.2.2. It was in AP mode initially, then updated the firmware to 1.2.7 and changed to router mode connecting directly to my SFP -> eth converter, bypassing ISP modem. Wired speed stays the same at full 1gbps but wifi speed got cut in almost half. Switching back to AP mode, connected ISP modem back, resetted the whole thing, and updated to this beta version, wifi speed seems to go up.

I have no clue what's going on here but anyway, I'm Ok with the current speed.

Options
2024-01-22 04:38:39

@David-TP have upgraded 2 x XE75 Pro_V2 from 1.2.7 to this 1.2.8.  The web upgrade ran fine; both decos upgraded at once. Everything was running okay and still seems to be. I have an M9Plus(2.2) running 1.6.2 in my network. Using the current iOS app, I still can't see the ethernet link speed or run an internet speed test from the App. 

Options
Related Articles