Windwos desktop computer not connecting to satellite node

2023-12-27 20:57:24
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

Hello. Today I installed the Deco X20 mesh with three nodes, one connected to my modem on the first floow, and the two others distributed througout my house (one in the hallway at the bottom of the stairs leading up to the second floor, and the other on the second floor). The whole reason for installing the mesh network was to get better wifi on the second floor. The installation went smoothly, and all three nodes are connected and updated. Using any andoid or apple device, the roaming quiality of the network seems to be working fine, and the devices jump seamlessly between nodes. My desktop computer on the second floor, however, only connects to the main Deco node downstairs (the one connected to the modem). No matter what I do, I can't get it to connect to any of the two other nodes, despite the connection strength being terrible (so bad that it frequently disconnects entirely). Are there any tips for how I can get the computer to connect to the nearer nodes? I have tried forcing it through the app (no effect).

Options
1 Reply
Re:Windwos desktop computer not connecting to satellite node
2023-12-27 21:08:06

@Jon_no 

If you can place second floor Deco node near the computer, connect desktop computer to that Deco with Ethernet cable.

Options