Frequent 6 hz connection drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-28 14:22:54
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

When I use the quest 3 via my deco mesh I have frequent connection loss. Happens multiple times per day. When it happens the 6 hz ssid is gone, the light is still green and I see the other frequency channels active. The 6 hz channel is back after a minute. As the breaks my connection Im using for vr it is really irritating. 

I have an archer 2300 router that provides dhcp and have fixed the mac addresses of the decos to ips. Decos on network cable to the archer and set as access points. Archer WiFi is disabled. 

Do you have any pointers? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Frequent 6 hz connection drops
2023-12-29 06:35:31

@Dinodw 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Apart from Quest 3, Do you have other 6GHz clients?

How often would the Quest 3 often drop out?

Did you have the same issue if temporarily connecting the Quest 3 to the 5GHz band on the Deco XE75 Pro?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2023-12-29 06:47:15 - last edited 2023-12-29 06:48:09

@David-TP 

Hi, 

I might have it on other devices but as I'm using my game PC to run and render the game the effect is very visual als I'm kicked out of the game and need to reconnect to the game PC. For other devices it would just be slow and would pick up speed when they reconnected to other decos so less noticible. 

It depends it can happen 1 to up to 3 times per gaming session. With min 30 min between cuts to 1-2 hours between cuts it, there is no frequency. 

I had it on the other bands too but there it switched to another deco further away and then I needed to reconnect when the closer deco was up. As it hurt the fps playing when there was less signal strength. 

Options
2023-12-29 08:00:53

@Dinodw 

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply.

Would you mind testing whether the beta firmware here for Deco XE75 Pro_V2 helps a little bit?

(It could revert back to the current official 1.2.4/1.2.7 version.)

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/647934

Th senior engineers have left the office for the new year Vacation and we might not get an update until next Monday.

And I used to see several similar feedback about bad WiFi 6E performance on Mest Quest 3 with other 6GHz routers. Please also make sure your Quest 3 is up-to-date.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-12-29 10:42:32

@David-TP 

Hi thank you for the info. 

I'm updating the firmware and will update quest 3 firmware. I'm off now for a week and will test when i'm back and give you an update. What the overall speed and performance is concerned i'm at a solid gigabyte transfer speeds. 

kind regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 227

Replies: 4

Related Articles