Sky Broadband

Sky Broadband
Sky Broadband
2024-01-02 15:38:15
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.7.3 build 20230906

Hi. 
I've been using 3 x M5 as a mesh for a few years with virgin but recently moved to sky broadband. 

I've disabled the sky WiFi and deco is set to WiFi router. 

i note it's a simple RJ45 network connection to the sky router from the sky wall access point, but I've been unable to find any settings to remove the sky router completely. Is this possible? 

also over the last few weeks (sky has been isp for a few months now) the WiFi network has been playing up with unreliable connections, devices being blocked and general latency issues. 

I've optimised and fiddled, but cannot resolve. Not sure if this is sky isp as they of course say it's a deco issue!?

is there a way to completely reset deco's to factory settings to explore if it's a configuration thing?

Reading some threads there's advice to switch to access point mode. Does this need sky WiFi enabling or will deco mimic. I note this also removes functionality so not sure if that's good or bad? 

any sky isp users out there who've had to adjust? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Sky Broadband
2024-01-02 21:26:07

@Slippy 

>The WiFi network has been playing up with unreliable connections, devices being blocked and general latency issues. Is there a way to completely reset deco's to factory settings to explore if it's a configuration thing?

By switching Deco mesh to Access Point mode you will completely disable all Deco settings that could impact Deco mesh performance.

>Reading some threads there's advice to switch to access point mode. Does this need sky WiFi enabling or will deco mimic.

Deco mesh runs its own WiFi network and will keep it running when you switch it to Access Point mode. You will not need to enable Sky WiFi, also you will not need to configure your devices with different SSID/password for Deco WiFi - these will stay the same. See Switching a Deco to Access Point (AP) Mode 

If AP mode does not improve Deco mesh performance and stability, or you want missing features, switching Deco mesh back to default Router mode is equally easy.

Options
Re:Sky Broadband
2024-01-04 22:01:14

@Alexandre. 
thanks for the info. 

switched to AP mode and will see how things progress. 

thanks for reply. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 413

Replies: 2

Related Articles