Deco M4/S4_V2 Support Connection Preference

Deco M4/S4_V2 Support Connection Preference

111 Reply
Re:Deco M4/S4_V2 Support Connection Preference
2024-04-17 01:30:16
Thank you for the quick reply. I’ll be waiting then.
Options
2024-04-17 17:09:55

@David-TP Can I configure my 2 Deco M4 units to utilize different channels when employing wired backhaul, thus preventing interference? One serves as the main router, and the other acts as a satellite connected via an Ethernet cable.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Tango_Fox 

Hi, I'm afraid Deco doesn't allow manually selecting the wireless channels. So far, the satellite Mesh units use the same wireless channel as the main unit.

Best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP Still u did'nt check my issue regarding ports not open for 5-7 minutes after i reboot my main deco and not getting internet until ports are not coming back

Options
3 weeks ago

@David-TP 

Tested various miscellaneous ways to make the client " connection preference " settings to stick, but no joy. 

Clients will randomly reset their preferences, although they stay connected to whatever deco was selected before they reset.

Btw where does the client " connection preference " settings get saved to exactly ? The mobile deco app ? Or on the deco itself ? 

Regards.

Options
a week ago

@David-TP what about deco E4,will it support connection preference option? I have M4 v2 2 pack and 1 e4 mixed.after upgrading the deco m4 firmware to beta still there is no connection prefernce option.but if i dont use deco e4 then the connection preference option works.will there be any firmware released for deco e4?

Options
Friday - last edited Friday

@David-TP 

I just updated all my 3 x M4r V2 to this firmware (from 1.6.2 Build 20240308 Rel. 55841), as I've had serious connection problems. It didn't do much difference, so I decided to factory reset my main Deco. I also isolated the rest of the network, so now it's only ROUTER - DECO with wire, no other devices on the LAN. And all other Decos are powered off.

1. Deco flashing blue, OK

2. New Wifi Deco_57CC visible

3. Deco app cannot find the Deco, even when Deco_57CC manually connected

I tried with PC and Deco_57CC gives me IP of 192.168.68.100 and Deco sits in 192.168.68.1. I can access the Webui, but it only says "Download TP-Link app....".

So is that new firmware preventing that Deco initial setup somehow?

EDIT: This is my other post about connection issues with my Mesh: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/666110 

/ Simo

Options
Friday

Replying to myself:

I managed to connect o my resetted Deco. I shut down Deco & mobile phone few times and lastly disable Mobile Data from phone. No idea which of these made the trick, but now it's back up and running. 

For some reason, when I activated my IoT network with old name & psw for 30 clients or so (mostly ESP, Sonoff, Tuya), the whole network became unstable again. Traffic is quite low from any IoT device, 1-50kbs. Speedtest takes like 10 secs before anything happens and some PING packets get lost. It differs from time to time.

- What could cause this kind of issue?

Options
Sunday

@Dhiman1994 Deco E4 (V4) already supports it, no idea about other hardware versions

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
Sunday

@ImtiazAli Mine is V1, so I guess I have to wait...tp link still hasn't confirmed about E4 V1.

Options