EasyMesh LAN backhaul issues

2024-01-17 09:27:48 - last edited 2024-01-31 08:23:02
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2

Hi

I have 3 AX-10 routers, all updated to the latest firmware so that they all show "EasyMesh" in menu and not OneMesh.

I've been trying to create a MESH with LAN backhaul between these 3 routers with limited success.

I also have an AX53 router, updated and set to router mode - but I will get to that later...

I can get one of the 2 AX-10's to connect to the "master" router with the LAN icon showing, but the other unit always shows WiFi - even though it is connected via LAN cable.

I tried multiple configurations:

Master AX-10 -> AX-10 (AP)
                       -> AX-10(AP)

Master AX-10->AX-10(AP)->AX-10(AP)

Master AX-10 -> Switch -> AX-10(AP)

-> AX-10(AP)

But I can only get both the satellite routers to show up in the Main router's Mesh devices list if they are both directly connected to the Master router's LAN ports (not via a switch, or daisy chained via another router).

But still, even when I can have them both show in the Master router Mesh list, only one shows that is is using the LAN backhaul.

I tried the same setup with one of the AP routers being an AX-53, but the same story - when I tried using the AX-53 as the main router, I couldn't get WiFi configured/usable at all - looks like the AX-53 has other WiFi security that is not supported by the AX-10's by default?

What could be the issue?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EasyMesh LAN backhaul issues-Solution
2024-01-17 11:09:44 - last edited 2024-01-31 08:23:02

@Piie 

Ethernet backhaul for AX53 is supported on HW v2 according to this thread. If your AX53 is HW v2 then it should support ethernet backhaul via its official FW.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:EasyMesh LAN backhaul issues
2024-01-17 10:46:40

@Piie 

AFAIK the satellite routers have to be directly connected to your main router for having ethernet backhaul working properly.

Use this guide for configuring the ethernet backhaul. If for some reason (cable issues, etc.) ethernet backhaul is disconnected, the satellite device will fallback to a wireless backhaul.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-01-17 11:04:21
That's exactly how I did it - cables are connected directly between the router's LAN ports, not via a switch. I literally just now got the second AX-10 router to connect via LAN, so now I'm still just trying to add the AX-53 to the MESH as well: I have only been able to connect it via WiFi - even though I have a proper cable connected directly between the main router and the AX-53...
Options
Re:EasyMesh LAN backhaul issues-Solution
2024-01-17 11:09:44 - last edited 2024-01-31 08:23:02

@Piie 

Ethernet backhaul for AX53 is supported on HW v2 according to this thread. If your AX53 is HW v2 then it should support ethernet backhaul via its official FW.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-17 11:22:33
OK, so my AX53 is v1 - does that mean it cannot do LAN backhaul? Even with firmware update? It can connect to the MESH via WiFi, just not LAN...
Options
2024-01-17 11:27:33

@Piie 

Yes, there the issue comes from - only AX53 HW v2 supports the ethernet backhaul according to the thread I pointed you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 380

Replies: 5

Related Articles