Deco M5 Guest Network Failure

Deco M5 Guest Network Failure

15 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Guest Network Failure
2024-06-29 19:35:13

I am seeing the same problem, but my satellite is connected to the main unit via wireless backhaul on the 6GHz network. Connections via the guest network work when on the main unit, they do not work when connected to the satellite. The only switches in the environment are on the wired network and not between the WiFi clients and the router. XE75, firmware 1.2.5 build 20231225.

Options
2024-07-09 12:47:23

Same thing here, I have a satellite deco (in a concrete garage) hooked up to the main deco via cable (no switch between them). All worked fine until a few days ago when the guest network all of a sudden became unavailable. All other satellite decos, which are connected through wifi, work without any problem whatsoever, it's just the cabled one that refuses to provide access to the guest network.

I haven't changed anything, the decos seem to be on the latest firmware, so why I'm experiencing issues is beyond me.

Hope someone is able to get to the bottom of this eventually, I have a lot of IoT devices in my garage and it's a pain not having access to any of them.

Thanks!

Options
2024-07-18 10:32:48

Seems that my config is working as before again. Only thing I did was to switch the two cables in the main deco, the one that came from the router with the one that goes to the other Deco. I really really doubt that this is what fixed it but I have no idea what else it could be. 

Options
2024-07-20 10:49:19

Unfortunately I'm having the same problem with the guest network not working on my Deco M5's

ive factory reset each unit and connected them wirelessly then connected by Ethernet.

still no luck unf

Options
2 weeks ago

I have 2 M9 Plus and is experiencing exactly the same symptom as everyone else. Main network fine. Guest network can't acquire IP when connected to satellite deco. Connected the 2 deco between an unmanaged switch. It seems to only happened after I updated to the latest firmware. So I suspect the latest firmware is buggy.

Options
Related Articles