Iphone 15 pro lost 6ghz connection after one day

2024-01-27 05:01:43 - last edited 2024-03-03 02:58:51
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I installed a TP Link Wifi 7 router (Aginet) from Singtel on 10gb broadband a few days ago. Setting to MLO, I was able to secure the wifi speed of about 1450 mbps on my Iphone 15 pro. I believed I had successfully logged on to the 6ghz band in the MLO. Although the speed on VPN dropped to about 300 mbps.  

Strangely, one day after the installation, the wifi speed on my Iphone 15 pro dropped to about 700mbps. I suspect the 6ghz connection was lost, but the speed on VPN improved to about 500mbps. I searched around for answers on the internet and learned a few things here and there but did not find anyone sharing the same problem as me. I tried changing the wifi settings from the advice I gathered but to no avail so far. Everything looks perfect on the Router connectivity and Internet download speed. Therefore, I believed the problem lies with the system in the Iphone 15 pro. But in any case, I would be grateful for any help and advice here to resolve my problem. Thanks! 

Options
10 Reply
Re:Iphone 15 pro lost 6ghz connection after one day
2024-01-29 07:50:17

@Keano1890 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Is your model number HB810?

If yes, since it is the first WiFi 7 model dedicated to Singtel in SG, I hope you can report it directly to the service provider. They could reach out to the senior engineers directly for more suggestions.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-01-29 14:18:36

@David-TP Yes, it is a HB810. Anyway, contacted Singtel and was informed there was a fibre optical issue in my home connection. They are sending technician down to check - hope the issue would be resolve in due course. Thanks for the advice anyway yes

Options
2024-02-06 14:26:08
Hi, would like to report back that Singtel engineer visited this AM. He was positive that there was no issue with the fibre optics connection even though I told him that that was what was reported to me when I called to complain about the slow speed. Anyway, he reinstalled the whole system claiming that the engineer who did the initiate installation had failed to set the second node as AP among other things. The ideal speed came back (average at 1450 mbps) but not for long. After a few hours I checked the speed and it went back to below 1gb, like what happened the last time round! I am completely baffled by what is going on and wonder if this could be due to defects of the wifi sets? Should I ask Singtel to change a new set? Meanwhile I will monitor the speed for one or two days and if the problem persists, I will call Singtel again. But I am grateful for any expert advice and help here, thank you. 
Options
2024-02-18 07:40:36

@Keano1890  Hi, Thanks for the further update.

Multi-Link Operation (MLO) network utilizes 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and 6 GHz bands simultaneously to increase throughput, reduce latency, and improve reliability. However, in previous WiFi generations, including WiFi 6/ WiFi 6e and WiFi 5, a device can only connect to one WiFi band — either the 2.4 GHz band 5 GHz band, or 6G. Since the iPhone 15 pro is up to WiFi 6E and can't utilize all three wireless bands at the same time. I think you are right and when the iPhone 15 dropped to 700m/s, it might switch to the 5 GHz band.  

Have you tried to enable the separate 6Ghz WiFi and connect the iPhone 15 pro to 6GHz only, instead of using the MLO network?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-02-19 03:25:18

@Keano1890 Hi David, thanks for your reply. After my last message, Singtel Engineer visited me with a new set to test. The problem remains, so the hardware has no issue. I have tried all sort of Wifi Network settings; separating the newtworks to 2.4 ghz, 5 ghz and 6 ghz. On some good day, I will see the 6 ghz broadcast, but it did not stay for long. After a few hours, it would just disappear. Completely baffled by this illusive 6 ghz network. I have wrote in to TP-Link to check if this could be a bug issue with the firmware; whether TP-Link is upgrading its firmware for their Wifi 7 sets to address this issue. Still waiting for a reply. Grateful for anyone here to share any useful information. 

Options
2024-02-19 09:36:55

@Keano1890 

Thank you for getting back to me. I have also forwarded the details you mentioned in the community to the engineers and they are working on this issue now.

Hope they can help us locate the problem as soon as possible.

Best regards.

Options
2024-02-20 00:22:01 - last edited 2024-03-03 02:58:51

@David-TP Thanks for your assistance. Please see my correspondences with TP-Link (attached). Hopefully, we can get an the matter resolve soon. Will be grateful for any tips from the community here, thank you

File:
IMG_0478.jpegDownload
Options
2024-03-11 09:31:26 - last edited 2024-03-11 09:38:16

@Keano1890 Hello, same problem here with my new BE85. When seeting up my new router, my iPhone 15 Pro join the 6 Mhz band providing download speed > 1400 Mbps. However, after 48 hours, even thought my iPhone remains connected to the 6 Mhz band, download speed decreased to 800 Mbps as if if was connnected on the 5 Mhz band.

Additionnally, ISP speed remains stable (2000 Mbps download).

Can you help on this matter ? Thanks !

Options
2024-03-11 10:10:15

@nico887 - Hi Nico, my problem remains unresolved to-date. My ISP (SINGTEL in Singapore) has arranged for a site visit with an Engineer from TP-Link this coming Sat. I am not hopeful that they would be able to resolve the problem as I firmly believe it has nothing to do with the wifi settings anymore (tried every combo there is). But it would be good that the Engineer could see the problem himself and take it back to TP-Link lab to study. A firmware update is likely to be needed here.

Your situation is slightly better than mine - at least you could see the 6 ghz broadcast. I have to put up with an illusive 6 ghz broadcast that only visits once a while for a very short period each time! crying

I will get back to you after this Sat. yes

Options
Sunday

@Keano1890 

I got my OnePlus 12 Singapore version and my PC with wifi 6E supported Acer predator Orion 7000. Both cannot log and see the WIFi 6GHz band. The singtel engineer iphone 15 able to search for the band. I do contact Intel and tried several upgrade for my wifi 6e adaptor driver on my PC. Only can see 1x the 6 GHz band then after that no more. Not sure is the tp link HB810 problem or not. Is someone also got same problem here? My isp also Singtel 10G service plan.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 524

Replies: 10

Related Articles