Votes

Setting up a star chaining deco mesh with 3 nodes and 1 main router connected to ISP 's router

Votes

Setting up a star chaining deco mesh with 3 nodes and 1 main router connected to ISP 's router

2024-02-13 17:01:05
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am planning to set up a mesh system in my home using the Deco E4 but I am stuck with a problem. 
 I have an ISP's router in the middle of my house, right next to it I plan to set up a deco unit as my main router. From that center location i have ethernet cables in 3 separate areas (separated by concrete walls so signal is barely 1 bar)  to which i plan to star chain the routers to create my mesh. Problem is i am not sure of which router to use as my main router as there are only 2 ports on the back of Deco E4s which i already have. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Setting up a star chaining deco mesh with 3 nodes and 1 main router connected to ISP 's router
2024-02-19 09:54:47

@rushab 

Hi, the two Ethernet ports on Deco E4 are the same and you could randomly pick anyone to connect to the front ISP router.

After that, you could switch the Deco to Access point mode so that all 3 units could be connected to the ISP router later via Ethernet cables.

General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

When Deco is in AP mode, the following topologies are quite the same:

/--Deco E4#1

ISP router---Deco E4#2

\---Deco E4#3

or ISP router---Deco E4#1---Deco E4#2---Deco E4#3

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 85

Replies: 1