How to disable blinking blue light when there is no WIFI?

2024-02-20 21:52:33 - last edited 2024-02-29 09:48:13
Model: Tapo C225  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.07

I'm using my camera in the cellar where there is no Wifi. I made a hotspot on my mobile phone to make all the settings and connected the camera to the mobile hotspot. So when I come in the cellar I just turn on the hotspot (2 mobile phones) and connect the other handy with the app to the hotspot and get all the recorded evebts from the SD Card. Unfortunately I see it as a big disadvantage that that blue light is blinking all the time. Do you understand the use case to turn that blue blinking off - knowing and accepting that there is no WLAN in the area?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to disable blinking blue light when there is no WIFI?-Solution
2024-02-21 07:35:09 - last edited 2024-02-29 09:48:13

@Marc4534 

Hi, 
Typically, when the camera connects to the Wi-Fi network, you can go to the Tapo app>camera's Device Settings page to turn off the LED. However, when it disconnects from the Wi-Fi network, the LED will keep flashing to inform the user that the camera is disconnected from Wi-Fi, and in this situation, the LED can't be turned off.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:How to disable blinking blue light when there is no WIFI?-Solution
2024-02-21 07:35:09 - last edited 2024-02-29 09:48:13

@Marc4534 

Hi, 
Typically, when the camera connects to the Wi-Fi network, you can go to the Tapo app>camera's Device Settings page to turn off the LED. However, when it disconnects from the Wi-Fi network, the LED will keep flashing to inform the user that the camera is disconnected from Wi-Fi, and in this situation, the LED can't be turned off.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 223

Replies: 1

Related Articles