VR600 ac2100 to talk talk configuration

2024-02-23 21:48:42 - last edited 2024-02-26 01:02:34

So, after many hours of attempted connection, with no results, on the verge of returning the router. Everything I found d online either could not be found d or did not work.

In summary, nowhere to enter login details, or set the correct security. Could not get a dsl connection.

So reset the router and went through various automatic connection configurations, all talk talk based, nothing.

Noticed that the dsl socket was BT Openreach, so don't ask me why,  I tried the BT dsl connection. Hey presto, space for username and password, MTU size etc, Houston, we have a connection.

looks  like talk talk provided over a BT configured line. 

How many others?..

Hope this solves your problems.

Options
1 Reply
Re:VR600 ac2100 to talk talk configuration
2024-02-24 14:54:33 - last edited 2024-02-26 01:02:19

@Olestokie 

Hi,

I don't know the exact situation in the UK, but in general this is pretty much the norm in Europe. 
In each country there are like one or two major telecommunications companies that have built the whole hardware infrastructure (i.e. lay the cables all through the country up to every single house and install the necessary supporting hardware along the way) and then there are usually several other providers in each country who just "rent" that infrastructure and resell it to consumers under their own branding.
In order to stipulate competition in the marketplace there are usually laws in place mandating that those who own large parts of the infrastructure must be willing to rent it to other players for a fair price.

And yes, Internet Service Providers generally seem to have the habit of making it as difficult as the law permits for consumers to replace the ISP's "Super" router with another third-party router of the consumer's own choice.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 177

Replies: 1

Related Articles