Deco X50/X55_V1_1.5.0 Support WireGuard VPN, Client Speed Limit and Fixed WAN Port

Deco X50/X55_V1_1.5.0 Support WireGuard VPN, Client Speed Limit and Fixed WAN Port

103 Reply
Re:Deco X50/X55_V1_1.5.0 Support WireGuard VPN, Client Speed Limit and Fixed WAN Port
2024-03-28 07:43:02 - last edited 2024-03-28 07:47:51

Billmanakos wrote

@Arrows 

Did you manage to do a Downgrade with 1.4.1 firmware?

@Billmanakos 

I haven't tried that yet. I also had other issues with the 1.4.1 firmware. Did you've selected a WAN port, or do you have it set to auto sensing? I've got it on auto sensing.

David-TP wrote

@Billmanakos 

Usually, if the WAN detection failed, the LED would turn red but I noticed it hasn't been mentioned by either you or Arrows. So I was wondering if it was frequently occurring to interfere with live streaming/online gaming but not so regularly as to limit online detection.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

The main Deco is placed in the office room with the rest of my network equipment, this is not the room (unfortunately wink) where I work. My wife works there. So I'm not quick enough to check the lights on the Deco. Also my wife can't because the deco is placed to high for her.

Options
Re:Deco X50/X55_V1_1.5.0 Support WireGuard VPN, Client Speed Limit and Fixed WAN Port
2024-03-28 08:32:04 - last edited 2024-03-28 08:32:57

@David-TP 

It`s not possible to go back to a previous firmware by using the recovery mode.

It just won`t accept any of the official firmwares , the upload stops at about 24% .

Tried different machines and also another cable, just to rule that out. 

Shouldn`t be a problem, but now the units do not work anymore, as there is no valid firmware image in them. 

Is there a special recovery firmware needed for this ?

I`ve rather not have to go to the r.m.a. process with the shop i bought them from.

Options
2024-03-28 08:51:21

@Arrows i've tried Both, auto sensing and WAN Port Assigned. Same problem. 

Now iam with auto sensing.

Options
2024-03-28 09:26:11

@Its-me-again 

Hi, 

May I know what happened after the 1.5.0 beta test that made you want to downgrade the firmware?

If firmware recovery couldn't help us get back to the 1.4.1 version, I hope we can stay on the 1.5.0 version since it will finally be released one day.

If any issue you have experienced with the beta firmware, you could provide more details here so that I can check with the engineers whether it is expected and how it could be resolved.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-03-28 09:31:37

Billmanakos wrote

@Arrows i've tried Both, auto sensing and WAN Port Assigned. Same problem. 

Now iam with auto sensing.

@Billmanakos 

Tnx for your answer. I'm trying with the WAN port Assigned now. If this doesn't solve the problem I'm going to try them in AP mode (getting the modem out of Bridge mode) with loosing the Deco's extra functionallities.

Options
2024-03-28 09:36:16 - last edited 2024-03-28 09:47:33

@David-TP 

There are 2 reasons for reverting back to the offical firmware :

I use them in router mode and with the 1.5.0 fimware it`s not possible to have a PXE server in the network.

(i have a Windows Server that also acts as a PXE server with a proxy DHCP.)

With the 1.5.0 firmware, the clients do get an ip address when booting, but never get the bootloader started.(it just times out waiting for it)

With the offical version 1.4.1 it works just fine,

Also a lot of devices connect to the deco that`s on the 2nd floor, instead of the deco in the living room, even when i`m right next to it and even forced the client to connect to this deco.

Looks like the option for connection preference does not work at all anymore    

But, still strange that no firmware file is accepted by the recovery webpage, this is something that should be fixed 

I now only have the main deco working and 2 dead ones..

I get exacty the same screen as this : 

Options
2024-03-28 09:56:57

@David-TP 

I can confirm that I have exact the same problem as @Billmanakos. In the logs of the Deco I see that it's not obtaining an WAN IP-address for a few seconds on the same as the devices doesn't have a connection. This causes all the devices loosing the internet connection.

Options
2024-03-28 15:14:08

@David-TP 

Hi,

After upgrading to 1.5.0 Build 20240222 Rel. 65053 my PPPoE-WAN connection gets disconnected every 1 to 4 hours (approximately). This causes all devices to lose internet connection.

I tried to factory reset twice all Deco X55 V1 units (first in the application and second time with the button on the unit) , i even changed the main Deco to a different one but nothing changed.

Auto WAN Port is on, if i turn it off the only change-feature-bug (whatever you want to call it) is that my second Deco unit stops using ethernet backhaul and it reverts to WIFI to connect to the main unit, the third unit that is connected to the second one is not affected, it's still using ethernet backhaul.

Downgrade to any firmware version doesn't work.

Firmware version 1.4.1 Build 20231122 Rel. 40485 didn't disconnect my internet once, so i want a downgrade to this version.

Please provide a downgrade procedure and provide the firmware file that works.

I attached the latest log file and a screenshot with connection logs from ISP, replaced all sensitive information in the log file with XXXX.

Thank you!

File:
log.pngDownload
Options
2024-03-29 01:19:59

@David-TP 

Router: X50-4G 

Hardware Version: EU 2.0

Firmware Version 1.1.1

will there be any sign of this being rolled out to this version of the X50 if they have not been already (cant seem to find anything). Some of these features would be exceptionally beneficial

Options
2024-03-29 07:39:07

@LucianT 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

I would like to follow up on your case via email and forward it to the senior engineer for further assistance.

Please check later whether you could receive my email.

best regards.

@Cormac-71_ 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I'm afraid there hasn't been any ETA for the firmware of Deco X50-4G yet.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options