Two Archer MR600 devices keep disconnecting

2024-03-02 19:11:00 - last edited 2024-03-02 19:12:15
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.7.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 220826 Rel.58057n

I'm extremely frustrated with this situation!

I currently have two identical devices (Archer MR600), each with a separate internet service provider and both are connected to separate networks, and they are in the same room. The problem I'm facing is that the 4G connection on both devices keeps disconnecting randomly, usually when I'm using them for activities like watching YouTube or gaming.

One of the devices is connected using both wired and wireless connections, while the other is solely connected via a wired connection only (WiFi disabled).

The signal strength on both devices typically ranges from 50% to 75%, but I've never observed it dropping below 50%.

I'm wondering if there could be an issue with both devices or if the problem might be related to the cell tower?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Two Archer MR600 devices keep disconnecting
2024-03-05 09:35:22

@TeaPee 

Multiple factors might cause the disconnect automatically. For the LTE disconnecting issue, please try the following steps for troubleshooting:

1. If the band was changing to a different one when the internet interrupts, select a 4G LTE band(s) manually on Advanced > Network > Internet page and change the Band from "Auto" to "Manual". 

2. You may try to change the Network Type on Advanced > Network > Internet page from 4G Preferred to 4G Only.

3. Please insert the same SIM into another LTE device or even a smartphone to check if the SIM or the ISP cell tower has a problem.

If the problem only happens on the MR600, please share with us screenshots of Advanced->Status page and Advanced->Network->Internet page.

For more troubleshooting suggestions, please refer to this thread: LTE keeps disconnecting

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-03-05 14:54:02 - last edited 2024-03-05 20:28:39

@Sunshine 

Thank you for replying!

Okay, I will go through each step.

Starting with step 1, when I set it to Manual, I see a list of bands to choose from. Should I select only one from the list?

EDIT:

Since my last post, I have exclusively selected Band 1 on my LTE router, and surprisingly, it has not disconnected so far!

Previously, it would frequently disconnect throughout the day. I will continue monitoring the connection tomorrow and provide an update.

I'm curious to understand why choosing a single band could potentially solve the issue. Additionally, when the router is set to Auto and switches between different bands, does the connection drop? Furthermore, I'm wondering if selecting one band could affect performance, such as bandwidth speed and latency?

Options
2024-03-06 09:50:41

@TeaPee 

Hi, when you use auto band, you could check Band on Advanced->Status page to see if it is using one or two bands.

The Manual 4G band selection feature allows you to manually search and select the specific LTE frequency bands that the router uses for cellular connectivity. LTE networks operate on various frequency bands, and different bands may have different signal strengths, coverage areas, or congestion levels. So if you are not sure which band is best for your ISP, you could also try different bands for comparison.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 216

Replies: 3

Related Articles