VX1800v cannot connect to Sky

VX1800v cannot connect to Sky

24 Reply
Re:VX1800v cannot connect to Sky
2024-03-30 10:30:30

@Technaudio this router doesn't support OneMesh buddy, it supports EasyMesh. It's a different Mesh ecosystem. 

To workaround this, I've added all my extenders as a different SSID to connect to main router.

Then afterwards, gone back into the settings and changed them all to the same SSID as the main router. Seems to be working fine at the moment with no complaints, hopefully when the full firmware is released it may support OneMesh in the future.

@Sunshine may be able to confirm this?

The beta firmware has worked for connecting to Sky broadband and I no longer have a double NAT issue on gaming systems.

Thankyou for that @Sunshine 😁

Options
2024-04-01 01:16:11 - last edited 2024-04-01 01:16:32

Marko1st wrote

@Technaudio this router doesn't support OneMesh buddy, it supports EasyMesh. It's a different Mesh ecosystem. 

To workaround this, I've added all my extenders as a different SSID to connect to main router.

Then afterwards, gone back into the settings and changed them all to the same SSID as the main router. Seems to be working fine at the moment with no complaints, hopefully when the full firmware is released it may support OneMesh in the future.

The beta firmware has worked for connecting to Sky broadband and I no longer have a double NAT issue on gaming systems.

@Marko1st 

You are correct, VX1800v supports EasyMesh but doesn't support OneMesh, thus it could only establish mesh network with EasyMesh router or extenders, upon checking, RE605X V3 supports EasyMesh as well, so if @Technaudio 's RE605X is V3 as well, EasyMesh should work. (RE220 doesn't support EasyMesh)

In addition, for non-EasyMesh extenders, even though mesh will not work, they could still connect to the VX1800v WiFi network successfully no matter the extender uses the same SSID or not.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-04-01 01:44:00

Marko1st wrote

@Marko1st 

I assumed that EasyMesh would be backwards compatible with OneMesh. Obviously not.

This is pretty much what I've done, my extenders are [my SSID]_ext and I've also setup a 2.4GHz multi SSID on the router that is [my SSID]_ext so that I have full coverage on my 2.4GHz _ext networks (which is mostly used for smart devices (lights, plugs etc. - as these kinda things generally have a short range) in and outside the house - and as far as halfway down my back garden) I know that I could give them all the same SSID but I kinda like that I can choose (to a degree - sometimes the things at the front of my house decide they want to be connected to the extender at the back) which SSID the things are connected to. 

I don't really think I need a mesh network as the main network has pretty good coverage all over the house for the (phones and other things that move) and they'll switch to the _ext networks if they need to.

I don't know if having several SSID's overlapping each other is detrimental to the whole system (isn't that pretty much what mesh is anyway?) 

I've not yet tried the Beta FW on the VX1800v - it's still just running as a router connected via ethernet to the Sky Modem/Router (with the sky routers wifi turned off)

Options
2024-04-08 21:55:20

@Technaudio @Sunshine 

I hope this may help you. 

I have managed to connect 3 out of 4 extenders to my easymesh setup. 

I reset each one individually via the pin hole reset. 
Than on the web interface for the vx1800v, selected add satellite and connected using the WPS button on the extender only, one at a time.

(reset > wps connect > success > start over on new device)

worth a try if you haven't tried it that way yet 👍

They seem to work better this way. The only problem I find is that if I attempt to bind the RE700x to cloud account - it immediately disconnects from the mesh system and goes offline. Not sure why 🤔

And the RE505x won't connect at all to easymesh, however, on the tplink site it says easymesh support is planned via a firmware upgrade in the future. 

really hope this helps :)

Options
Related Articles