Wired Backhaul with C86 as Main Router and Ax53 as Satellite Router Not happening .

Wired Backhaul with C86 as Main Router and Ax53 as Satellite Router Not happening .

2024-03-07 09:49:41 - last edited 2024-03-07 18:14:54
Model: Archer C86   Archer AX53  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi All

I have C86 router and AX53 router where my Internet connection is given to C86 and from C86 i want a create a Mesh with AX53 as Satellite routers. The Problem is im not able to get Wired Backhaul and create a Mesh with these routers when i see the C86 Model configuration page(tplinkwifi.net)

But im able to add AX53 as Satellite Router to my C86 Main Router and able to create the wifi mesh , but this is not giving a full Bandwidth of my ISP. The Connection is happening based on wifi mode between routers but via ethernet cable, I have setup wired Ethernet cable to connect these two routers.

Im connecting my AX53 to my main Router c86 through a Ethernet CAT6 Cable by keep taking one LAN port from C86 to WAN port of AX53 . I have done this connection without configuring AX53 as Satellite and with Default Setting by resetting the AX53 (because for Backhaul it was asked to by keeping other Router to Factory settings) post doing all these things im not able to get wired BackHaul and a Mesh wifi network through Wired Back Haul . The AX53 is not shown as connected in C86 Router config page .

Kindly help on this , i need to have a Mesh Wifi using wired back Haul so full Band widht can be achieved and from Satellite Router i need to connected the Desktop via Ethernet to get Full Bandwith.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wired Backhaul with C86 as Main Router and Ax53 as Satellite Router Not happening .-Solution
2024-03-07 16:14:06 - last edited 2024-03-07 18:14:54

@Abhinavksn 

Try the following:

1. Reset AX53 to its factory defaults by pressing the reset button for about 10 seconds.

2. Follow this configuration guide - Scenario 1 and if the issue persists Scenario 2.

If you still can't build the ethernet backhaul try using different ethernet cable between the two routers.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Wired Backhaul with C86 as Main Router and Ax53 as Satellite Router Not happening .
2024-03-07 11:16:31 - last edited 2024-03-07 11:29:30

@Abhinavksn 

Make sure that both AX53 and C86 are with the latest FW release available on the support portal.

Follow this thread for troubleshooting a potential issue while building Easymesh with an ethernet backhaul.

If your AX 53 is HW v1 the ethernet backhaul is supported through a beta FW release - details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Wired Backhaul with C86 as Main Router and Ax53 as Satellite Router Not happening .
2024-03-07 14:58:03 - last edited 2024-03-07 15:45:07

@terziyski .. Thank you for Responding 

Both Main Router C86 and other Router AX 53 both has Latest Firmware . But Still after connecting the Lan Port from C86 Main to AX53 , Wired Back Haul is not happening and AX53 it is not showing in C86 Router config page.

The Firmware of Main Router C86 is as below 

Firmware Verion for AX53 is 1.2.4_Build 20240206_Beta 

Connection 

Once AX53 is connected from C86 main router for Wired Back haul , Internet is not available in the AX53 unless i go and configure in AX53 Router page . Post Enabling the configuration and then I change AX53 to Satellite mode and then add to Mesh Network of C86 the mesh Network is happening via Wifi mode , not via Ethernet Backhaul

Kindly help of this. Let me know if anything has to be done .

Options
Re:Wired Backhaul with C86 as Main Router and Ax53 as Satellite Router Not happening .-Solution
2024-03-07 16:14:06 - last edited 2024-03-07 18:14:54

@Abhinavksn 

Try the following:

1. Reset AX53 to its factory defaults by pressing the reset button for about 10 seconds.

2. Follow this configuration guide - Scenario 1 and if the issue persists Scenario 2.

If you still can't build the ethernet backhaul try using different ethernet cable between the two routers.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-03-07 17:05:53

@terziyski 

Thanks for The quick Response

I pressed Reset Button press for more than 10 secs all led went off . After that I switched off the AX53 Router and then switched on . Post Switching on i connected the ethernet cable from C86 main router to AX53 WAN Port . Did the same procedure by connecting to Lan port of AX53 also

Post doing these things 4 LED lights 1 Power , 2 wifi lights and Internet Light was availabe . When I Open My Main Router C86 Config Page AX53 was not available under Easy Mesh and wired Back Haul is not available still .

Ethernet Cable seems to be fine . Because when I Connected a Port from C86 from my Main room to upstairs AX53 Router and use AX53 a Separate Router the Internet is available via wifi and  via from Lan port to my desktop without issue . Still u want me to connect using a Different Cable , then i need to take router to downstairs and Keep near my main Router C86

Let me know if anything wrongly I'm Configuring.

Options
2024-03-07 17:09:38

@Abhinavksn 

It's OK to put AX53 near C86 just for the test.

Try both scenario 1 and scenario 2.

When using scenario 2 connect the two routers LAN to LAN port (not LAN to WAN). Once ethernet backhaul is active you can move the cable to AX53 WAN port.

Options
2024-03-07 18:21:14 - last edited 2024-03-07 18:22:28

@terziyski 
It worked now . Thank you . By doing the Connection check by keeping the Both Main Router C86 and Satellite AX53 Easy Mesh got Established and it is Connected Via Ethernet BackHaul .

Options