Airplay not working with X20 mesh network

2024-03-12 13:03:18
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.15 Build 20231026 Rel: 62511

I have recently switched from a basic, ISP router to a set of three X20s to improve the range and signal strength.

I have set up multiple devices including computers, iPads, phones, TVs and Apple HomePod mini speakers, all of which are connecting to the network and running fine.

However, since switching to this new setup, I'm no longer able to use AirPlay between devices. For example playing music on my phone, iPad or computer through my HomePod speakers or TV. 

I have followed advice from other posts to turn off the mesh capability of the network, turn of fast-roaming, set security to WPA2/WPA3 Personal, turn on IPv6 and lock devices to the same X20, all with no results.

Is this problem a result of recent firmware updates, or possibly an issue with Apple AirPlay's compatibility with the mesh system?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Airplay not working with X20 mesh network
2024-03-14 10:58:34

@Sean_Ed 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

When you mentioned Airplay is not working, do you mean the iPhone could find HomePod when playing the music?  Would the iPhone pop out any error message?

Can you use Airplay between two iPhones?

Did it help to connect IOS devices all to the IOT network and check whether Airplay works or not?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-05-12 16:30:32

@David-TP I have the same problem. I have a three deco setup with access mode configuration. I have three HomePods and one TV with AirPlay capabilities. I am not able to create an airplay connection with the TV when I am connected to the same deco (let's assume deco no 3). However when my phone is connected to Deco 1 I am able to airplay. I have tried connecting all devices to same Deco, and tried disabling Mesh technology.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated since this problem is extremely frustrating and the ability to control all devices from anywhere in the house was the primary reason to update to a Deco Mesh setup. 

Thank you in advance!

Options
2024-05-13 01:29:44

@Deco_Ahm 

Hi, can I have a picture of your network topology of the Deco X20 Mesh system, such as how Deco units are connected together, by Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection?

"However when my phone is connected to Deco 1 I am able to airplay"

-Do you mean as long as the iPhone is connected to the first main Deco X20, Airplay to HomePods or TV would work well?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2 weeks ago

I have the same problem. My iphone things my Samsung smart TV is a speaker system and not a TV. I have a three deco wifi mesh with only the base of three connect via ethernet to my cable router

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 586

Replies: 4

Related Articles