Failed schedule after firmware update

2024-03-18 11:07:14 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 build20231017

I was prompted for a firmware update about 2 days ago, then suddenly i noticed my on/off schedules arent being kept by the device anymore. I have to manually turn it on/off via the app every time. I also noticed it has no runtime history. Should i reset the device? Ive erased all schedules and re-done them. Timer doesnt work, its says Error, please try again later. P100

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Failed schedule after firmware update-Solution
2024-03-19 07:25:47 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Poli07 

Was the upgrade completed normally? Are there any accidents such as network interruptions or equipment power outages that may interfere with the upgrade?

This device is probably disconnected from the cloud. Can you check if you can still control it remotely with Tapo App? Such as when using cellular data.

It would be a good idea to restart the internet (router), or power cycle the smart plug.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-04-05 08:08:17 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hello  @whitee,

This is true. Firmware on the app says 1.40, and it turns out that this update has screwed with the saved settings (schedules, timer etc) for the unit. 

As an update:

I resorted to resetting the device and it is now working as it did previously. I just hope the next firmware update wouldnt require that step anymore 😅. 

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
2024-03-19 07:25:47 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Poli07 

Was the upgrade completed normally? Are there any accidents such as network interruptions or equipment power outages that may interfere with the upgrade?

This device is probably disconnected from the cloud. Can you check if you can still control it remotely with Tapo App? Such as when using cellular data.

It would be a good idea to restart the internet (router), or power cycle the smart plug.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Failed schedule after firmware update
2024-03-19 09:30:40

Hi  @Wayne-TP , thanks for replying. 

I believe the update was completed without incident and interruption. I could control the plug via the app thru mobile data and wifi. Timer as of this morning still says Error, try again later. 

ill probably reset the plug and see what happens :)

Options
2024-03-21 09:00:46

@Poli07 

Resetting the device is also a viable option. If you're willing, you can try performing a reset. How to factory reset the Tapo or Kasa smart plugTapo or Kasa smart plug

Alternatively, you can send me a private message with the MAC address of your device, and we can assist you further.

*Let me know if you have already attempted a device reset.

Options
2024-04-04 20:05:45

@Poli07 Question is, what's really the latest firmware of p100? the support page states 1.3.7 but on our devices its 1.4.0. this update really screwed the device. before this update, p100 is the most stable device in my house unlike other glitchy cctv and most of all smart bulbs

Options
2024-04-05 08:08:17 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hello  @whitee,

This is true. Firmware on the app says 1.40, and it turns out that this update has screwed with the saved settings (schedules, timer etc) for the unit. 

As an update:

I resorted to resetting the device and it is now working as it did previously. I just hope the next firmware update wouldnt require that step anymore 😅. 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 weeks ago

whitee wrote

@Poli07 Question is, what's really the latest firmware of p100? the support page states 1.3.7 but on our devices its 1.4.0. this update really screwed the device. before this update, p100 is the most stable device in my house unlike other glitchy cctv and most of all smart bulbs

@whitee 

Can you be more specific about the problem you're facing? If the symptoms are different, feel free to create a new post for feedback.

t's common for products to exhibit unusual behavior during use, and some issues may not be related to firmware updates. However, if they arise shortly after an update, it's understandable to suspect the new firmware. Generally, without widespread reports of the same issue, each individual's problem may have different causes. Connectivity issues typically manifest in a few ways, but various factors like product variations, network devices, wireless environments, and network quality contribute. Additionally, fluctuations and interference in the network, which aren't visible to the human eyes, make it unjustifiable to solely blame the problem on product firmware.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 236

Replies: 6

Related Articles