Votes

Does Tapo Alexa Skill alow more than one Tapo Camera to be shown at the same time?

Votes

Does Tapo Alexa Skill alow more than one Tapo Camera to be shown at the same time?

2024-03-18 16:47:05 - last edited 2024-03-28 03:29:55
Model: Tapo C120   Tapo C520WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.12

I have a Tapo C120 and C520WS, my account is linked with Alexa and the Tapo skill is installed.

I can ask Alexa to display either camera and it works, but If I ask her to display the group both cameras are in she just asks me which camera to display.

Is the Tapo skill capable of displaying mutiple cameras using PIP (it will display either cam in PIP), if not can it be added?

Attached is the response from Alexa support about this question:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alexa won't show all my Tapo security camera's

Two Tapo security camera's, and the Tapo skill is enabled on Alexa.

Alexa will display either camera on my Firestick 4K Max Gen 1 or Gen2 using: "Alexa show the (Cam Name)"

But I've put both cameras in a group and if I ask Alexa to display camera's in the group she ask's me which camera to display.

How can I get her to display both camera's on the screen at the same time?

Simone D.​ (Amazon Staff)

Yesterday at 11:26 AM

Show menu

Hello Mark, welcome to the Forums!

I'm sorry that you're having trouble viewing your cameras feed on your Fire TV Stick 4K Max.

While the Fire TV Stick has the capabilities to show up multiple cameras it would depend on the device and whether it is supported.

I would suggest reaching out to Tapo to confirm if this is supported by their devices.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Does Tapo Alexa Skill alow more than one Tapo Camera to be shown at the same time?-Solution
2024-03-20 10:50:12 - last edited 2024-03-28 03:29:55

@TP-Mark 

Update on March 22, 2024.

We did a test and confirmed that it's able to play multiple Tapo cameras on the same Echo Show 5(see the attached picture). 

And the instructions below may help you.
See Multiple Camera Views on Echo Show

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Does Tapo Alexa Skill alow more than one Tapo Camera to be shown at the same time?-Solution
2024-03-20 10:50:12 - last edited 2024-03-28 03:29:55

@TP-Mark 

Update on March 22, 2024.

We did a test and confirmed that it's able to play multiple Tapo cameras on the same Echo Show 5(see the attached picture). 

And the instructions below may help you.
See Multiple Camera Views on Echo Show

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 130

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.