About new version of tp link Archer c80

2024-04-04 04:34:50 - last edited 2024-04-04 04:41:12
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello ,

It is been a while since I posted something in here , i recently got a good deal by buying tp link Archer  C80 for the second time since the  first time was like a year ago , I would like to know if the new version can be used as : 

I have a main router ( Asus rt-ax86u pro ) and I would like to add tp link  archer c80 as a second router or access point or let's say as sort of mesh in another room I mean of course wirelessly, I mean is it possible to connect the main router Asus with tp link C80 archer wirelessly , is it possible, doable ? So I can use the lan ports of tp link to connect computer with Ethernet cable . 

Does tp link archer C80 support both easymesh and onemesh ?

Thanks in advance 

Options
3 Reply
Re:About new version of tp link Archer c80
2024-04-04 11:12:31

@tarekitsme 

Yes, Archer C80 supports both mesh standards but you should focus on Easymesh because Onemesh is a TP-Link proprietary technology that Asus don't support.

if your Asus router supports Easymesh you can try to add the C80s to a mesh network. If that works you can use C80 ethernet ports for your wired client devices.

If Asus doesn't support Easymesh you still can use your C80s in AP mode connected to your Asus.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-04-04 21:22:21 - last edited 2024-04-04 21:23:22

@terziyski 

Hello again,

Much appreciated your quick and useful reply, I would like to know if the speed with Wds mode will be more than the speed through wifi or I have to expect that the speed will be reduced , note that I  want to use only the ports of C80 and not the wifi 

I haven't opened the box yet of tp link C80 archer , I am also waiting for Asus ax53u that will be used as Aimesh with Asus ax86u pro so I said maybe tp link C80 can benefit from the aimesh to receive strong signal in case I arrive to make C80 work alongside with the main  router Asus ax86u via Wds

The idea is like the following :

Asus ax86 u pro = main router and also DHCP server.

Tp link C80 archer : to be connected wirelessly to Asus ax86u pro and used only its for ports to connect wired clients .

Asus ax53 u  : to be connected via aimesh with the main router to create a  full coverage for the entire house .

I also forgot to mention that I have tp link re550 , I was thinking in case the Wds bridge didn't work I may connect this tp link re550 wifi range extender - repeater ,  as I am doing right now to the main router wirelessly .

Then I connect tp link C80 archer to tp link re550 via Ethernet cable so like that Tp link C80 will get internet directly from Ethernet cable and of course I disable all DHCP servers and I leave only of the main router so I can control all clients via the main router .

Let me know if my solutions or my ideas so to speak are clear and possible to achieve .

But all depends on the speed I hope to get .

Thanks in advance 

Options
2024-04-04 21:45:10

@tarekitsme 

Yes, your topology description does makes sense and this should work as exspected.

Talking about the wireless and wired speed - there's only one rule here - nothing can beat the cable in terms of stability and speed.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 616

Replies: 3

Related Articles