Wrong time on recordings on SD-Card of detections

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C325WB  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.14

I am new to Tapo Camera's.

I have installed the C325WB without problems. Detection alarm is correctly storded on the SD-Card, but the time shown in the app  is wrong. The time on LiveView is correct, but the time of the recordings is one hour earlier. I tried to solve it with restarting, changing timezone, but nothing shows any effect. Strange enough if I play back the recording it shows the right time. Anyone knows how to solves this?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Wrong time on recordings on SD-Card of detections
2 weeks ago

@Rignus 

Hi,
In this case, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. Please ensure your Tapo app is up to date. You can uninstall it and reinstall it for a try.
2. Which country are you located in? What's your time zone now? And what time zone have you selected on the camera's Device Info page?
3. Would you please play a recording on the Tapo app and then send me a picture of the playback page that shows the problem?
Best Regards

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Thanks for your answer.

Here are the answers on your questions.

1. Tado app is up-to-date. Delete and reinstall has no effect.
  2. Located in the Netherlands. The time-zone Europe/Amsterdam UTC+ 01:00. This time-zone is selected in the app.
  3. The problem is solved after several restarts of the camera. Last restarted today and the time showed in the app and the time showed in the recording is the same.

I have added an example. De time in the recording is correct (04:02:52), the time next to the picture is wrong (03:02:49).

As I tried to download the recording I get the message “Telephone and camera not on the same network”.  I checked and I see that the camera are connected to the same network, but  the camera is on 2.4 Ghz and the telephone on 5 Ghz. I suppose that is the problem for not downloading the recording. The network SSID are the same. This way connections are automatically to the necessary bandwidth. I you need the recording, let me know and I will download the recording.

I hope this is the information you need.

Best regards, Rignus

Options
2 weeks ago

I've just found my C420 camera recordings are all 1 hour out. 
I'm not sure if this is after daylight saving changed a couple of weeks ago or if it's just happened.

I had a short powercut overnight so my H200 hub would have rebooted.

I've checked the time-zone is correct in the H200 hub shared by all 4 cameras. 
It was correct for London but I saved the setting again and also re-booted the hub.

Recordings are now showing the correct time.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

After one day the time in the app next to the picture of the recording is wrong again. So I suppose that it has something to do with time synchronization of the app. Maybe as result of the summertime?

Regards,

Rignus

Options
2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

I thought that the restart solved the problem, but unfortunatly it doesn't.

After some restarts the time shown next to the recordings seemed to be correct again, but after sometime the shown time are wrong again and show times one hour earlier, however the time shown inside the recording is correct. See the pictures I have sent before.

It is very irritating that the time shown is not correct.

I checked all other apps on my Samsung phone (Android 14) and on my network, but all times are correct.

So it seems to be a problem in the app or on the camera.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Rignus 

Hi,

I have reported the issue to the tech team, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 170

Replies: 6

Related Articles