Slave Deco No Internet on WLAN ONLY

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.7.4 Build 20231222 Rel. 63684

As the title says, this is a very weird issue. My slave deco upstairs is connected to the main deco via ethernet. And my pc is connected directly to the slave deco. Then I found out that there's no internet connection with my wifi when I checked on my phone. Ethernet works fine, I'm still getting internet on my PC.

I turned off the slave deco and the wifi of the main deco is working fine. I tried resseting the slave deco and try connecting it back to the main, still the same.

Currently waiting for the PPPOE password from my ISP and try switching the slave to main and see if it works.

Edit: Tried changed the slave to master and the internet is not working in WLAN.

I guess, its dead? Would like to some extra point of view before I order a new one. Thank you.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Slave Deco No Internet on WLAN ONLY
a week ago

@KuroYami 

Bring Satellite Deco to the room where Main Deco is, power on Satellite Deco and do not connect it with Ethernet cable. The purpose of this is to check if Satellite Deco will connect to Main Deco over WiFi.

If it does, Satellite M5 LED goes green and after some time Satellite Deco appears in Deco app as online, open Satellite Deco info page in Deco app and see how it is connected, example:

If you see (2.4GHz/5 GHz) after "Connected to:" like it is in above example, it means Satellite Deco WiFi hardware works just fine.

Options
a week ago

@Alexandre. 

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I did that too. I reset the slave and reconnected it to main just fine via wifi. But when I moved it upstairs, its still green but upstairs' wifi just doesn't have internet. SMB works fine.

When I turned off the slave deco, and all device connected to main, it works. Which is my current situation for now.

Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@KuroYami 

Hi, have you chekced their IP addresses to see whether they are assigned the correct IP addresses within the LAN IP range, such as 192.168.68.xxx?

By the way, if you enable the guest network on the Deco APP with another SSID, Can you get internet through the guest Wi-Fi of slave Deco M5?

You mentioned earlier when switching the slave M5 as the main Deco, the WLAN didn't work either. 

- Did you mean the whole WiFi network of Deco M5 or only the Wi-Fi of the new "Main Deco M5"?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
a week ago

@David-TP 

Hi,

Yes I did checked on the IP address. It is within range. Only my NAS is static, all other devices are dynamic.

When the slave becomes main "slave-main", i did not connect the old main to slave as the "slave-main" 's WLAN doesn't have internet access. So I don't think I'll need to continue adding old main as slave.

Lastly, thank you for everyone's replies, really appreciate it. Anyways, I just ordered a BE65. old m5 main will be slave at the car porch and the old m5 slave will handle LAN connections in my other room with a switch.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 103

Replies: 4

Related Articles