BE800 As Main Router GE800 as mesh node
2 weeks ago
Model: Archer BE800  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Question 1

BE800 As Main Router

GE800 as mesh node/ Ethernet Backhaul Mode to main router be800

ge800 how can i access management console, right now i have to use BE800  management

reason i need to access ge800 is because ge800 ap mode  cap speed  80mbps max

but if i connet to be800 by cable test can be over because my internet 1gbps
but if i connet to ge800 by cable test speed cap at 80mbps

i need to know why what setting do i need to do to unlock speed cap in ge800?

or do i need to use ge800 as main router?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Question 2

can both be800 as main router and ge800 as easymesh use they only management do i have to make ip addresss driffent for allow me to access both management mode console

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Question 3 is

Archer Air R5 | AX3000 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Air Router
any update for Ethernet Backhaul Mode/Backhaul Connection Priority..

this air r5 i feel useless if use easy mesh air connection next room cannot not detect

Options
7 Reply
Re:BE800 As Main Router GE800 as mesh node
2 weeks ago

@be800 

Hi,

Regarding Question 1: 
Currently it is not possible to access the management console of TP-Link EasyMesh satellite routers. (only one particular model, the AX55 V1, supports this at present)

Also, there is no setting to unlock a speed cap of an EasyMesh satellite router, as there should be no speed cap in the first place.

Regarding Question 2: Refer to answer for Question 1.

Only someone from TP-Link could answer Question 3, but usually they do not give any ETAs for firmware and feature updates.

Options
2 weeks ago

@woozle 

Besides, could you please go to the "EasyMesh" menu of the admin webpage of the main router (BE800), then click on the paper-with-pen icon next to the GE800's information and then report back whether the GE800 is indeed using Ethernet backhaul or perhaps wireless connection and also give us the "Link Speed(s)" shown?

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@woozle 
ok but i mean is to access management web https192.168.0.1 both device  current i can access 192.168.0.1 is be800 only ge800 unable to access

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@woozle also problem speed cap 100mbps only after i activated easymesh my ge800

Options
a week ago

@be800 

This speed cap is usually caused by the ethernet cable that you're using. Change the cable with another òne of a good quality and test if the speed cap has gone.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

be800 wrote

@woozle 
ok but i mean is to access management web https192.168.0.1 both device  current i can access 192.168.0.1 is be800 only ge800 unable to access

@be800 

As I indicated previously, when a TP-Link router becomes an EasyMesh satellite, then the access to its management webpage is blocked. This is done intentionally by TP-Link and it is currently the same on all retail routers made by TP-Link, with the exception of the Archer AX55 V1 running the latest firmware.

If you switch the BE800 and GE800 around (i.e. use GE800 as main and BE800 as satellite), then the BE800's webpage should become blocked.

Options
Monday - last edited Yesterday

@be800 

Hi, thanks for posting question on our community.

Now it does not support to log into the web interface of satellite router for most routers.

May I confirm what kind of Ethernet cable you are using to connect GE800 to BE800?  They were set up Easymesh Ethernet Backhaul,right?

What is hardware and firmware version of your BE800 and GE800? Is firmware updated to latest?

And did you test the speed on your computer via speedtest.net? If not, it is suggested to test the speed again via this method. And please share the model and OS of your computer.

Also, please check QoS and WAN Negotiation speed.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Options