Deco M4 Problems

Deco M4 Problems
Deco M4 Problems
2024-05-18 21:28:48 - last edited 2024-05-18 21:30:24
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.2 Build 20240308 Rel. 55841

Hello!

I have encountered a problem with my Deco M4 devices.

My network looks like this:

I would like each Deco device to connect straight by cable to the router. Unfortunately, even after changing the work flow to access point it shows me that the second Deco, connects to the main one via WiFi, which affects the speed. Also, there is a strange behavior from the second device, when connected via cable - it goes offline once in a while and I also observed that the WiFi from Archer C6 stops working. When the cable is disconnected from second Deco it seems to go away. When accessing the settings of the router, it shows Deco devices under two separate IP addresses, I have not changed any advanced setting in any of the devices in the network. Please advise which settings I should change so both Deco devices use ethernet cable as the main source of internet.

Thanks!

Options
8 Reply
Re:Deco M4 Problems
2024-05-19 11:41:59

@Baru 

For that to work, you will need to configure Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode: Switching a Deco to Access Point (AP) Mode

Options
2024-05-19 12:07:03

@Alexandre. It's already in the Access Point mode.

Options
2024-05-19 14:28:29

@Baru 

This should work in Access Point mode, there are no other configuration changes to make in Deco app.

To make sure nothing is wrong with Ethernet cables, bring both Deco units to where Archer router is and connect them to Archer using very short Ethernet cables: 1 meter (2 feet) or less.

If you have short Cat 5E or Cat 6 cables, or even Cat 5, use them for that test. 

Options
2024-05-19 15:13:38

@Alexandre. I've already tested the cables and the ports itself, when I connect a cable to the port it works as expected. I have also exchanged the RJ45 cables between devices just to make sure. Also I've connected one deco straight into the other one, and it was showing that it's connected via ethernet. The only problem is when I try to connect them to the router.

Options
2024-05-20 03:09:46

@Baru 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance. Please check whether you have received my email.

Best regards.

Options
2024-05-20 06:47:02

@David-TP Thank you, I'll keep an eye on my e-mails. :)

Options
2024-05-21 06:16:08

@Baru 

Thank you very much.

If possible, it is also suggested to disable "EasyMesh" on the Archer C6 first to see whether it helped with the Ethernet Backhaul on the Deco M4.

Best regards.

Options
2024-05-21 10:09:18

@David-TP Hello David,

I have turned off the Easy Mesh option and it seems like everything is working fine. I can see in the app that the second Deco is connected via ethernet.

On the other hand I think that there is a bug in the smartphone app, easy mesh was disabled there, but I decided to double check with browser configuration and it was still showing as enabled. Now I'll let it run for a couple of hours to check if there are no issues, and turn off Wi-Fi on the Archer C6 completely to not interfere with Deco units.

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 459

Replies: 8

Related Articles