Deco X50-5G 1.1.5 with Bridge Mode and Cell Lock

Deco X50-5G 1.1.5 with Bridge Mode and Cell Lock

27 Reply
Re:Deco X50-5G 1.1.5 with Bridge Mode and Cell Lock
Wednesday - last edited Wednesday

@David-TP Yes this or do i just not go with Deco and go to Omada...it looks nicer in the home though but it is majorly locked down.

Options
Wednesday
I am on phone now to cancel the X50-5G, i will go with Omada 706 LTE model as it will do what i need and i have full control remotely and via web ui
Options
Wednesday - last edited Wednesday

@David-TP So i cancelled the X50-5G and decided i will setup my network with an Omada ER 706W-4G and run this as my primary gateway with 4G failover when primary fibre fails, i can also run OpenVPN server on it as well. I will use the X50 router twin pack one will be set as a wireless access point and the second will mesh to the first access point so the Deco sytem will look after my wi fi needs within my home and i will set a secondary WiFi access point on the primary ER706 giving me in essence a guest wi fi for my workshop,

I assume the second Deco mesh unit still works when one router unit is set to access point mode and runs off ethernet backhaul?

Also I don't mind running two remote apps for my network i can use open vpn to access my router when i want or the omada cloud if i choose to operate a cloud controller (or perhaps not) and i will have to use the Deco app to my access points no big drama here ok the ER706 is not as pretty as the X50-5G but the way you guys locked it down gave me no option than to not choose the 5G option here...if only you guys had an Omada version similar to ER706 but 5G

Options
Yesterday

@FiGgS 

Hi, thank you very much for the reply.

I must say that I haven't released that Omada products have 4G models now. I think if they have 4G now, there might be 5G models in the future.

ER706W-4G seems to be a perfect choice for the current situation.

As for the Deco X50 Mesh, as Deco is also a router, it is great to set Deco into Access Point mode to avoid a double NAT issue.

The first Deco X50 must be connected by an Ethernet cable all the time, but there is no limit for the second Deco X50. It could be connected to the main Deco either via Wi-Fi or the Ethernet cable.

Best regards.

Options
Yesterday

@David-TP  Thanks for the reply, can the second unit be cabled into my switch so both Deco units are cabled into my ER706W-4G and they will still both mesh together? I don't need to connect the second Deco X50 directly into the first unit both will connect into my network switch and be setup as AP's just hoping i can still use same ssid and both units will take care of all my wireless needs.

Options
Yesterday

@FiGgS 

Hi, the second Deco X50 could be connected to the switch as well and they are still under the same Mesh network:

General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Best regards.

Options
13 hours ago

DennisFa wrote

@David-TP Hi David,

are there any news when Eco Mode / Wi-Fi schedule will be released for Deco X50-5G?

I want to turn off Wi-Fi during bedtime near our kids' bedrooms.

Kind regards

Dennis

Hi David,

I'd like tu use the chance to readdress my last question.

I would be nice to hear if there are any plans in the background to bring Eco Mode / Wi-Fi schedule to Deco X50-5G since other Deco models use this feature.

Kind regards

Dennis

Options
Related Articles