New Firmware for Archer AX55 V1 Supports DoH&DoT, ECO Mode, EasyMesh in AP Mode and More

New Firmware for Archer AX55 V1 Supports DoH&DoT, ECO Mode, EasyMesh in AP Mode and More

33 Reply
Re:New Firmware Release of Archer AX55 V1
2024-05-29 13:37:22 - last edited 2024-05-30 12:32:54

@Marvin_S 

Its problem with the new firmware. USB storage in both mode Main and Sattlite.

(before that problem not existed)

When you unselect any folder on the disk usb storage, You no longer have access to disk to send files or make new folders. Always have to be all selected; if not, you don't have access or permission to send any data; it is only possible to download; you cannot upload. I sent to engineers that problem, but it seems they don't know what happen with it. Same bug appear in BE550v1 - but after install beta firmware become event worst, you loose totally connect with device storage usb.

Edit: i add video in attachment to download.

I connect me second AX55v1 alone with other disk and problem finally appear on Web-page router: Un-select sub-folder make all disk un-selected.

File:
AX55v1 1.3.2 Build 20240325 rel.56896(4555)_edit_edit.zipDownload
Options
2024-05-30 12:03:04

@Marvin_S 
Confirm. USB storage doesnt allow to write\delete something.  Even if all folders are selected.

Options
2024-05-30 17:36:25 - last edited 2024-05-30 18:54:54

@AyanamiRei 

I want test your problem and you are right!. I just connect HDD disk with router and have same problem,  totally no connection with a hard drive. Only after 1 hour i was able to connect with samba or local ftp but i have to write manually adress.   But still only works when all folders selected... other way no allow for anything. 

Options
2024-05-31 09:32:49

@ChrisBS   @AyanamiRei 

Thanks for your sharing.

I am afraid that what you described is normal, which was tested by our support engineers.

If you still have doubts about this, please provide your previous firmware and we can take further analysis.

Options
2024-05-31 10:21:45

@Marvin_S 

Hello, when you plan to roll out this release for EU version of AX55?

Thanks!

Options
2024-05-31 11:42:12

@Marvin_S 

I used before beta firmwares what they send me enegiers on emial and before all was fine. On this last one i start have problems. Also they saw my videos and photos, and said this is werid i lose premission to all disk after unselect one subfolder. I wating from them for more information about it. 

Options
2024-06-04 15:47:39

@Marvin_S 

Hi

Will there be a new version for the AX55pro v1 ?

thnks

Phil

Options
Re:New Firmware for Archer AX55 V1 Supports DoH&DoT, ECO Mode, EasyMesh in AP Mode and More
2024-06-08 14:14:56

@Marvin_S 

Why is it always taking so long to release the EU version?

Version 1.3.1 has been available in CA/TW for a pretty long time and now there's version 1.3.2 which is US only.

Both versions are apparently(?) also compatible with EU devices, at least that's the general recommendation here in the forum.

So are they officially supported on EU devices?

If yes, why are they not released to all regions at the same time?

And if no, why does everyone here recommend to install it anyway?

I'm still running the beta version (1.2.6) from last year, waiting for an update. The beta version is generally working ok, but it's not the most stable and I'd really prefer to run an official version again.

But I also really don't want to manually update to an semi-offical version anymore. So far each time I did that, something went wrong and I spent at least an hour resetting devices and uploading firmware until everything was working again.

On the other hand, always having to wait several months until the EU version is finally released is also not great.

Options
Re:New Firmware for Archer AX55 V1 Supports DoH&DoT, ECO Mode, EasyMesh in AP Mode and More
2024-06-08 15:45:24

@Coriander 

It is true that the 1.3.2 version works on the EU routers.  In fact, if you download and unzip the file, its name starts with “ax55-v1-up-all-ver1-3-2”.  I am using it on four AX55(EU) devices here.

The 1.3.2 version does have some documented issues and I imagine that the engineers want to solve these issues before releasing the firmware for the EU community.  In fact, I envision the next firmware release will be 1.3.x where x will be a higher number than 2.

To explain this further, there is an issue with parental controls that you will find elsewhere on this forum.  In addition, I personally have two other outstanding issues (one with access control lists and the other with device isolation) both of which the engineers are working on.

I would recommend upgrading from the older beta version to 1.3.2 as it is more stable with EasyMesh connections.

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

Does this firmware works with archer ax55 pro? (the one with 2.5gbps and 1gbps WAN/LAN ports)
https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-ax55-pro/v1/#FAQs

Thanks!

Ignacio

Options