wired C320WS going offline frequently

2024-05-25 14:52:12
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

I have 3 Tapo C320WS camera and 1 C225. 1 C320WS and the c225 are connected through wifi and are running fine. The other 2 C320WS are wired and they loose connection quite frequently. (they are connected to a TP link network switch)

I read a lot of people have similar problems with Tapo cameras. Is there any solution or workaround that solves this ? I know there is a possibility to let the cameras reboot every day at a certain time, but that doesn't seem to solve the problem. 

Options
9 Reply
Re:wired C320WS going offline frequently
2024-05-26 07:39:44

@stryke 

Same here,

C100 and C200 models started going offline randomly in the last 24 hours.

Another C200 and P110 sockets working fine.

C100 and C200 in different network location with different wifi equipment.

Options
2024-05-27 08:26:20

@stryke 

Hi,
You can try to exchange the working Tapo C320WS and a problematic Tapo C320WS to test if the problem is related to the network connection or network diagram.

Please describe your network diagram in detail, such as the internet--wireless router--AP/Switch ))) /--wired or Wi-Fi devices.
What's the model number of your wireless router and TP-Link switch? Is your camera connected to the router's Wi-Fi directly rather than an AP/RE?

Best Regards

Options
2024-05-27 08:27:19

@dkatsarioris 

Hi,
You can refer to the instructions below for troubleshooting if your cameras have an offline issue.
What should I do if my Tapo smart devices keeps losing connection or going Offline?

Since you say "Another C200 and P110 sockets working fine.", are they in the same network as the problematic Tapo C100 or C200?

Please help confirm the following information if the problem remains.
1. The LED status on the camera when it loses connection.
2. The test results of the above steps.
3. Your network diagram.

Best Regards

Options
2024-05-27 10:00:51

@Solla-topee

Greetings,

I have 2 different networks in 2 different locations.

In the first location the problematic C200 is on the same network with 2 pieces of P110.

The status led of C200 is steady green.

I can access the RSTP stream of C200 so it is not a network issue.

In the second location the C100 is on the same network as 1 piece of C200 and 4 pieces of P110.

The status led of the C100 is also steady green and I can also access the RSTP stream locally so not a network issue.

I disconnected the WiFi connection by restarting both my ISP router and the Access Point but nothing changed. C100 reconnected to the network but never appeared online to the Tapo App (Android).

After removing the power from C100 and plug it again, C100 was able to get online to the Tapo App.

Unfortunately I cannot do the same for the C200 in the 1st location right now.

Meanwhile, all P110 in both locations and the C200 in the second location are working normally (online and accessible via Tapo App)

Options
2024-05-27 11:52:47

@Solla-topee 

Network looks like this:

1) outside internet comes into cable modem/router with 4 port switch and wifi

2) UTP cable from modem switch TP-Link TL-SG1024DE switch

3) TP-Link TL-SG1024DE (managed switch but is used as dumb unmanaged switch) where both problem cameras are connected to

For configuring the cams, the wifi of the cable modem/router was used for 1 problem camera and another wifi access point (close to the camera and also connected to the TP-Link TL-SG1024DE switch by utp cable) for the other problem camera.

Br,

Raf.

Options
2024-05-28 03:19:14

@dkatsarioris 

Hi,
1. In the first location, are you able to access the RTSP stream of the Tapo C200 remotely or locally? Is the camera showing online on the Tapo app when the phone is in the same network as the camera?

2. In the second location, is the camera showing online on the Tapo app locally when the problem happens?

3. Please ensure your cameras are up to date, and you can check if the Auto Reboot feature on the camera helps in your usage scenario or not.

btw, how about the Wi-Fi signal strength(RSSI value) of the problematic cameras?

Best Regards

Options
2024-05-28 03:19:51

@stryke 

Hi,
If the problematic cameras are configured with the wired and Wi-Fi connection simultaneously, you may try to factory reset the camera, reconfigure it, and set up the wired connection only or set up the Wi-Fi connection only, then check if it will work fine.
Tapo Smart Camera Unboxing and Setup Video Tapo C310&C320WS&TC65
Best Regards

Options
2024-05-28 05:25:35

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

1. I can access RSTP locally and remotely (router NAT). Camera also shows offline even when the phone is at the same WiFi network.

2. Camera appeared offline until I rebooted it.

3. All cameras are up to date. Auto Reboot feature was not enabled all this time and I prefer to be like that. I have the cameras for almost 2 years and no reboot was ever needed.

It has something to do with a firmware bug or someting in your cloud as the cameras RSTP feature works without the Tapo App.

WiFi signal according to Access Point is -39 to -56 (70 - 75Mbps)

Nothing changed in network topology or network contig. Issue just appeared.

Options
2024-05-29 03:58:26

@dkatsarioris 

Hi,
The new firmware for the Tapo C100 V2 and Tapo C200 V2 had been released around half a year before, if you do not update the firmware recently, I think the problem has nothing to do with the firmware. 
I don't think the problem is related to the cloud server since your other smart devices are working and can't control the problematic camera even if in the local network with the Tapo app.
It's hard to verify why the two cameras went offline suddenly, in this situation, please keep monitoring the Tapo C100 for some time if it is working fine after rebooting, and you can also reboot the Tapo C200 connected to a different network for a try.
If the problem remains, try to factory reset and reconfigure them to check if they will work.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 454

Replies: 9

Related Articles