Join the Discussion: Wi-Fi Schedule Ideas Wanted!

Join the Discussion: Wi-Fi Schedule Ideas Wanted!

25 Reply
Re:Join the Discussion: Wi-Fi Schedule Ideas Wanted!
2024-07-02 10:57:32
Hi, If i understand well this is only about wifi shutdown ? In this case, when no Wifi access is granted to users : the default behavior should be all off including backhaul. The master deco should be able to disable backhaul off remotely on any satellites at any moment. Sattelite deco should listen for a wake up backhaul on demand. The master deco should be able to drive a schedule to request selected sattelites to go off backhaul. Only selected satellitte will keep the backhaul on. the mesh will be reduced, maybe with reduced performances. with some exceptions : any deco sattelite can "refuse" to get backhaul off. There should be a "toggle switch" for each satellite to accept to go off the backhaul on master deco demand. master deco will keep backhaul on, There should be a "toggle switch" to allow isolation of each socket available on the back of each deco. This toogle will allow or not the backhaul to be set off if all socket are toggled off for this function and if the socket's physical link status is off. there should be a switch for a satellite to allow it to request to go in activated backhaul state if "something to be defined "later" happens" etc
Options
2024-07-04 02:32:45

@David-TP This should be a standard feature for your routers and Deco devices. Turning off the WIFI at night reduces the unnecessary RMF waves during sleeping time. 

This is not a question of whether it is needed; it is a question of when it will be available for DECO 50 PRO or any new development.

Your tether-compatible routers already have this feature.

Options
2024-07-04 19:36:20

@David-TP Hey Team, i recently added a deco m4 to my network in the hopes that it would be a better main deco for my other 3 dece e4's. i recall being able to monitor my monthly data usage with my e4's, I was very sad to see I could not do it with my m4, is this a feature that will be added, I really enjoyed it and I'm even looking at returning the m4 as I like this feature

kind regards

Mark

Options
2024-07-05 03:32:48

@Mark-Mason 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I remember the parental control/report settings of Deco E4 are similar to Deco M4. Did you save any screenshots of what kind of monthly data usage you used to view on the Deco E4?

---You could also temporarily switch the Deco E4 back as the main Deco to compare the difference:

How to replace the main Deco with another Deco

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-07-05 09:13:43

@David-TP the top screenshot is the deco e4's monthly report and below that is the deco m4's monthly report

Options
2024-07-10 01:57:25

@Mark-Mason 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

I consulted with the engineer and he thought it should be related to the current firmware of Deco M4_V2_1.6.2.

If possible, I hope you could try to install the 1.7.0 beta version on the Deco M4_V2 to see whether it helps:

Deco M4/S4_V2 Support Connection Preference

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-07-16 15:59:23 - last edited 2024-07-16 19:28:52

@David-TP we really need this. We need to manage security and people behaviour in our house - this is usable through the scheduling. Nearly every router has this, I was shocked to find out the Deco series doesn't, just installed our 6 x S4 devices today, the router it connects to has this feature but our Deco's don't 🙁

Options
2024-07-19 12:39:33

@David-TP 

I'd like to limit Wi-Fi speeds according to a schedule. I have a Guest Network set up, and would like it to be fast in the morning and slower at night. Reason being, I have a restaurant and would like to provide fast Wi-Fi to customers who come in with their laptops during the day, but at night is when it gets filled with regulars and I'd like to deter such customers (which usually occupy tables for long periods of time and don't order as much because they're working on their laptops).

It would also be useful to limit Wi-Fi speeds by grouping certain devices instead of having to create individual profiles for each one (I'd like to group staff members). I'd like to give them internet access but slow down the speeds so they can't do much with it and also restrict them from using certain apps (like TikTok). 

Deco M4R & S7 (V1.2)
Options
2024-07-21 23:17:46

@David-TP 

Options
2024-07-22 00:53:36

@Wrayman this is what I want. Child to have their own SSID that turns off at scheduled time. My son bypasses the parental control by changing his MAC address on his Xbox.

Options
Related Articles