Issue: Deco Go Offline - No Internet Connection

2024-06-03 10:39:28
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20240106 Rel. 2319

Hi There,

I have purchased a deco, it's Deco X60 (v3.0) model. I have setup it successfully with the deco application in my phone. It's working good and have nice experience.

Now the issue is that, if i go out from my home with my phone. Deco light is turned red, because the deco is setup with my phone.

I need help that, if I'm not in the home or the not in the range of deco network, deco need to work properly so my family can enjoy the internet services.

Recently I'm out home and in Delhi, now the deco is stopped working in my home. No-one from my family can use the internet they suffer many issues.

Deco mesh will go offline with no internet connection and turn red just because I’m go out of my home with my smartphone. 

Please help me with my issue.

All the best,

Shantanu

Options
2 Reply
Re:Issue: Deco Go Offline - No Internet Connection
2024-06-04 06:33:37

@Shantanu_x60 

Hi, Nice to see you again.

Could you please help me run a simple test:

1. When you are at home, please turn off the WLAN on the mobile phone and use mobile data instead.

2. Then check whether the LED on the Deco would turn red again.

If you are out of home already, I think you could try to share your TP-link email ID with your family so that they can install the Deco APP and manage the Deco from their mobile phones.(PS, you could enable 2FA for extra login security.)

Deco network configuration doesn't follow the mobile phone that was used to set up the network so I couldn't figure out what might be the reason for your current issue.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Issue: Deco Go Offline - No Internet Connection
2024-06-04 09:18:02

@David-TP 

I already do some tested but the issue remain same.

Test 1: Turn off smartphone WiFi. My smartphone should now be on voice/data from my cellular provider.

It is equivalent of you leaving my home and getting out of Deco WiFi range.

Test 2: Power off smartphone. It is equivalent of leaving the country and be in another country which does not have voice/data roaming agreements with my cellular provider.

Also i want to confirm that If I'm out of home, I never share our TP-link login credentials with my family to manage the Deco's from their mobile phones.

But sure, when I'm out of home for some days Deco's go offline with red light. So i suggest my family member to reset the Deco's and create a new TP-link account with their email and configure the Deco's with their phone. Once this process done, Deco's working fine but not solve the issue permanently.

I don't know, Why Deco network configuration follow the mobile phone that was used to set up the network. For this issues i have to left the phone in my home and then i go out, due to disturbance of network.

Please let me know a permanent solution for this.

All the best,

Shantanu

Options