Deco S7 1.5.0 Supports Connection Preference, IOT Network, WPA3 and More

Deco S7 1.5.0 Supports Connection Preference, IOT Network, WPA3 and More

34 Reply
Re:Deco S7 1.5.0 Supports Connection Preference, IOT Network, WPA3 and More
a week ago

@David-TP 

Hi David,

I have submitted the Deco APP logs, as requested.

I tried upgrading one of my M4 units to the beta firmware and removed all other mesh units from the network. I had to brute force the update via http uboot since the web interface wasn't allowing me to logon to the M4 units and upgrade. I've set one of my devices (tablet) to connect to the satellite unit (thru Connection Preference) but unfortunately, it is still not connecting at all. What else could you suggest I do to restore network connectivity to my M4 units? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Options
Saturday

@David-TP 

Troubles with TP-Link Deco S7 and IPv6 on Latest Firmware

I recently updated my Deco S7 to the latest firmware version and encountered significant issues. After enabling IPv6, my router’s speed plummeted from 250 Mbps to just 1 Mbps, making IPv6 completely unusable with this firmware. My network topology consists of Starlink as the ISP connected to a Deco S7, and two Deco E4 units extending the mesh network. I used the default IPv6 configuration right after performing a factory reset, so no additional changes were made that could have caused this problem.

Another more annoying issue is that after some time, the Deco app loses the ability to connect to the Deco S7, which means I can no longer configure the device or check any statistics. The app simply shows a connection error, even though the web interface remains accessible. The only way to recover from this state, where you can no longer manage or view the network via the app, is to reboot the main Deco S7 unit.

I attempted to downgrade to the previous firmware version via the web interface, but it wouldn’t allow me because it stated the firmware was not newer than the current version. Is it possible to revert to the previous firmware, or do I have to wait for a stable update to the current version? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as these issues are significantly impacting my network performance and management.

Has anyone else faced these issues or found a solution?

Options
Sunday

@David-TP hi, after updating to 1.5 i'm experiencing connection problems. Every 5/10 hours connection stop working for some items (Alexa and other tp link sensors and cams) and deco app can't find all of my 3 deco S7, or can find only one of them. No way to fix the problem except unplug each one.

for example, lock at the pic. I have 3 deco connected by cable, and I use them in AP mode. As you can see "p1" is offline (but is not, and led is white) , p0 (main one) looks ok and the third one is not even properly listed.

Internet connection (from HUAWEI 4g modem) is on and stable.

The main problem is, as I said, that some items lose connection and stop working (Alexa, other to link device as temperature sensors, cams, Netatmo weather station, etc)

I read about other people experiencing same issue; hoping for a fix asap because I don't want to try a firmware downgrade considering that my Mac has no lan port..

best regards

S

Options
Monday - last edited Monday

@Stevie812 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Could you please help me submit the Deco APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

Do you use any network switch to connect 3*Deco S7 to HUAWEI 4g modem? Or Did 3*Deco connect directly to the LAN ports on HUAWEI 4g modem?

Can you help me check whether disabling IPV6(under Deco APP>More>Internet connection) helps to improve the current stability issue?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Monday

@Rod123 

Hi, I was wondering if we disabled the IPV6, would the IPV4 network keep at a decent network speed?

As for the Deco APP, could you please help me submit the Deco APP log as well?

How to submit Deco APP log

As for the firmware downgrade, it needs to be implemented via firmware recovery:

firmware recovery on Deco

But I hope you could help me collect the above details first so that I can forward your case to the senior engineers directly instead of downgrading the firmware.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Monday

@himubert 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

Do you mean you can not log into the individual web interface of Deco M4 via Its IP address?

---What would be the error message at the moment?

I noticed you mentioned the HTTP Uboot recovery. Did it help update Deco M4 to 1.7.0?

By the way, I have received your logs and they have been forwarded to the engineers for further assistance.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Monday

@David-TP 

yea, after disabled the ipv6 options the network velocity goes to a normal pattern

regarding the app I've sent the logs some minutes ago.

do you recommend downgrading? Or waiting for a fix ?

Options
Monday

@David-TP 

hi David, log sent just right now.

deco are connected to some lan ports of the house network, all managed by a tp link switch TL SG116. Router also is connected to a lan port of the house network. All the items connected to the house network by cable still work, all the items connected by wifi or cable directly to a deco stop working as soon as the deco show connection problem (leds are still and always white).

not sure but I think that I can't see the option "internet connection" if I run deco as AP, is it possible? 

thank for you help

S

Options
Tuesday

@Stevie812 

Hi, Thank you very much for the APP logs.

They have been forwarded to the senior engineers for further assistance. Please check the email later for more suggestions.

Best regards.

Options
Tuesday

@Rod123 

Thanks for the update.

I wish you could wait for the fixed firmware.

By the way, I think maybe the community registration email is not your TP-Link email ID so that I haven't found your App logs yet.

Would you mind leaving me a message with your TP-Link email of Deco APP?

Thank you again and best regards.

Options
Related Articles