Deco S7 1.5.0 Supports Connection Preference, IOT Network, WPA3 and More

Deco S7 1.5.0 Supports Connection Preference, IOT Network, WPA3 and More

31 Reply
Re:Deco S7 1.5.0 Supports Connection Preference, IOT Network, WPA3 and More
Friday

@leodias13 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

Could you please help me check the following details as well:

• Internet service provider
  • IPV6 internet connection, Dynamic IP, PPPOE, or others.

If possible, I'd like to forward your case to the senior engineer before downgrading the firmware.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Friday - last edited Friday

@David-TP

ISP: Claro

IPv6 connection: Dynamic IP

My ISP modem is in bridge and direct connected to the TP-Link Deco S7 through Ethernet cable.

The router was working flawlessly before the update. Only after it I noticed the problem with IPv6 network. Considering that there are several other users with the same problem and that I didn't change anything in the configuration after the update, I don't think that it's a configuration issue. However, any help is welcome.

Options
Friday

@leodias13 

Thanks for the fast reply.

I will report the case to the engineer as soon as possible.

I hope you can help me check one more thing:

When you said "After updating it, I started having connection problems and realized that the IPv6 was not working properly", what exacting issues you have observed on the Deco?

I checked other users' feedback and the following things were mentioned repeatedly

• Wi-Fi network no longer works correctly but the equipment connected via cable appears to be working normally.
  •  The wireless devices are connected, but internet connectivity is very slow or barely exist. The wifi takes me to google page and then it stops there and keeps loading the page, with no success.

How about yours?

Best regards.

Options
Friday

@David-TP 

It's similar to this:

•  The wireless devices are connected, but internet connectivity is very slow or barely exist. The wifi takes me to google page and then it stops there and keeps loading the page, with no success.

I can barely open the pages. It loads a portion of the page and then keeps loading indefinitely.

Options
Friday

@David-TP 

Hello
My internet service provider is Turknet, my connection comes from the main modem via dynamic IP, I only use wifi on Deco. When I was in Version 1.5.0, no site connected with IPv6 was opening. When I turned to version 1.4.1, this problem was solved.

Options
Friday

@David-TP Hi,
In Italy, this firmware has not yet been released. Is it possible know a useful timing for the release date?

Options
Friday

hi, after updating my Deco S7 main unit to the latest firmware, I don't see any of my devices connecting to the satellite Deco units. I have a Deco S7 setup as main router then 5 Deco M4 units as satellite. I tried removing the satellite Deco units then readding them to the network but the same problem persists. This is a problem since I have several devices on my network and all of them are trying to connect to the S7 main unit, and some of the devices can't connect after a few minutes.

Options
Friday

@Feding 

Hi, this version is released in waves( so far it is 50%). You could wait for a while or manually update the firmware via web UI. The firmware download link is the same and it will automatically match the embedded region code.

Best regards.

Options
Friday

@himubert 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Could you please refer to this link to help me submit the Deco APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

There is a beta firmware for Deco M4 and it is open for testing now. Would you mind updating one of the Deco M4s first to be 1.7.0 beta here to see whether it helps with the current issue:

1. the IP address of satellite M4 could be found on the Deco APP, such as:

2. Please log into the web UI of this satellite M4 first and upload 1.7.0.

Deco M4/S4_V2 Support Connection Preference

3. Then test whether some mobile devices can connect to this M4.

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Friday

@Kutay Thank you very much for the update. It is very helpful.

The issue has been reported to the engineers for further analysis. I will update here as soon as they locate the possible causes.

Thanks again and best regards.

Options
Related Articles