Deco S7 1.5.0 Supports Connection Preference, IOT Network, WPA3 and More

Deco S7 1.5.0 Supports Connection Preference, IOT Network, WPA3 and More

84 Reply
Re:Deco S7 1.5.0 Supports Connection Preference, IOT Network, WPA3 and More
2024-07-09 14:31:12
Dear David, Firmware 1.5.0 for S7 . The deco app show deco offline but in real time the unit still working and light is white
Options
2024-07-09 19:01:39

Updated the two S7 with the beta firmware. Approximately 6 hours later and WiFi access to the satellite from the garden wasn't possible, the app couldn't see the network. Both devices had white lights. 

Looking for WiFi access points on my tablet noted chromecast device as an access point, obviously transmitting for something to connect to it. 

It's really quite disappointing from a big company, maybe they should rename the previous good firmware to allow us to "update" to it. if they have with this beta, then mine is bricked anyway. 

I've noticed the lack of available firmware updates on the device support page. 

Back in the loft. 

Options
2024-07-10 03:09:48

@Toptek 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

Is your network topology still like:

VM hub 5 in modem mode --- new main Deco S7--- network switch---the 2nd Deco S7

May I know how many online clients you have connected to the Deco Mesh system?

"the app couldn't see the network"

- Do you mean Deco APP reported " We couldn't find Deco", such as:

In the meantime, I could like to follow up on your case and consult  the senior engineer for further advice.

Please check whether you could receive my email

Best regards.

Options
2024-07-10 03:55:52

@Leminhhdat Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Could you please help me submit the Deco APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

How about your network diagram, such as:

By the way, How many online clients you have connected to the Mesh system?

Did a power restart of the satellite S7 help to restore it back online on the Deco APP? --- "The deco app show deco offline but in real time the unit still working and light is white".

Please also refer to this link to set the WAN DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to see whether it helped:

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
2024-07-10 07:05:32

@David-TP 

Re#44 thanks for the reply. 

The image of not finding the system is what I experienced. 

From memory there is approximately 35 connected devices which I think includes some wired detected. 

The VM hub 5 is in router mode the first S7 connects directly to one port of it in AP mode. A switch connects to a second port of the hub. From this switch, an ethernet cable runs to a room at the back of the house, connecting to another switch. The second S7 connects to the switch. 

With this wiring, all wired devices route back directly to the VM hub and behave normally. 

As I cannot connect to the system, I cannot access logs. I did receive the email. 

Hub in router mode - - - - S7 in AP mode

|

|

Switch

|

|

Switch in room 2------ S7 in AP mode

Options
2024-07-10 20:14:53
I'm updating my status with some news. I finally found a way to downgrade the firmware of my S1900s that had problem since the last firmware upgrade. I followed the guide here https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2958/ using the second method "http U-Boot ...". I downgrade to the stock firmware downloaded from the Tplink support Page. I'll give more updates tomorrow after testing them for a day long. Hope this will be the solution!!
Options
2024-07-11 15:32:36

@David-TP 

Same issues again. WiFi "access denied" on my tablet when trying to connect to the WiFi. Reset the power, and back on line. 

I tried to change which S7 wass the main unit in the app, causing it to flip flop between the two, indicating a WiFi backhaul connection when via ethernet. 

Tried to change the Wi-Fi SSID which has resulted in two SSID, I suspect they have lost connection with each other. 

I'm of the mindset that the main unit is failing, I'm going to reset them again and swap which goes in each room, ensuring the other one becomes the main unit. 

I began to note what I could see and took screen shots of Wi-Fi analyser, my tablet WiFi status and the Deco app but it's somewhat academic as after a few hours it collapses again. 

Could you please issue the good/old firmware available to use via the app as I don't have access to perform the alternate downgrade procedure? 

Options
2024-07-12 15:42:42

@David-TP 

Hi,

I tried to revert back to 1.4 but because it's not the latest firmware I've been denied. Can it be renamed to load? Preferably can you send a downgrade because 1.5 it is faulty and needs sorting out asap!

Regards

Options
2024-07-12 16:52:34

@David-TP 

Swapped the units around following a reset, the problem persists, access denied, the WiFi signal seems to be coming and going. 

The S7 further away from the router is flashing red, the other solid white. 

Deco app cannot be accessed. 

That's me done for now, I'm going to watch for a firmware update and continue to use my other system. 

Lessson learnt, don't rush to update something which isn't broken. 

Options
2024-07-14 20:12:54

@_amonkeyMan 

I waited few days of testing the downgraded firmware and since then I'm not having crashes anymore. So real problem Is the new firmware. 

For anyone who wants to have an answer on how to downgrade, read my last message in which I linked to the page with the official Tplink guide. 

It worked for me since then. 

Tplink, pls test the firmware before releasing them and at least give some update to fix those problems.

Options
Related Articles